• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Authors Only

King Kovifor

I think there should be a forum for people who have gotten books PUBLISHED so that they can chat together. Not just readers... And it's only visible to people in the Author Group, Admins, Super Moderators, And Moderators.

I told he who is currently bloated with a monster t-bone steak about this post and he referred to it as "cyber soggy-biscuit for the wannabe intelligentsia".

Enough said.

Seems a bit pretentious to me. Who are we to say that a published author is worthier than an unpublished one? And what about self-published?

Geenh said:
I told he who is currently bloated with a monster t-bone steak about this post and he referred to it as "cyber soggy-biscuit for the wannabe intelligentsia".

Enough said.

I'm confused on that. but anyways... About self-published. It's still published isn't it? And is there?

We've got a Writers' Block Forum where authors and potential authors can chat about things.

I'm not convinced we need an area just for published authors, and even less convinced that this area should be an exclusive area - for one thing, if people don't know it exists how would they join it.

If you want to chat about something private there's always the PM system here.

Darren.

From the American Heritage Dictionary 4th Edition:

Publish means to bring to the public attention, announce, for public distribution....

In a broad sence isn't everybody who posts the written word in this forum published????

Well, speaking as one of the published authors, I can't say I see a need for it. I belong to plenty of writer's groups. I like being just a reader in this one. After all, I don't just write books, I READ them, too! :D

Halo,

Your payment is all the knowledge, humor, advice, incite, and good ole ribbing that you get by being a part of this wonderful collection of creative, insane collaboration of people throughout the world.... :D

Oh. I thought you were saying that being paid royalties was a horrible idea. Don't mind me... *toddles off back to the home for the terminally bewildered*

Back