• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Authors That Have Written A "Series"

muggle

Some of my favorites are, in no particular order:

Terry Pratchett - Discworld Series
Stephen King - Dark Tower Series
Harry Potter - Need I say more
James Lee Burke - Dave Robicheaux Series
Louis L'Amour - not sure he falls under the series definition though

I'd say Weiss and Hickman but they've written more than a series. They've written several. So have some of these people:

Douglas Adams
Guy Gavriel Kay
Philip Pullman
Robertson Davies
Orscon Scott Card. I consider the Ender books to be a 'series'.
Terry Brooks
CS Lewis
J.R.R. Tolkien

lies said:
I didn't know Harry Potter had published something

It's certainly interesting. I do remember his novel JK Rowling and the Fountain of Piss followed by JK Rowling and the Crock of Shit.

ive read the tower series, and ive just recently finishe david morrells series of books

the brotherhood of the rose
the fraternity of stone
the league of night and fog

i really liked them they were easy reads and the first of a new type of book i read.
there about trained assasins, kinda like cia, but there plots arnt reallyu about the government or anything

give them a try there good

ps i cant spell

Robert Ludlum - The Bourne Series

Christopher Paolini - Inheritance Trilogy (Eragon, Eldest, Third one hasn't been written yet)

My favs

Anselm Audley - Aquasilva
Tolkien - no further comment
Edward Rutherfurd - not really a series as such but all his 'lineage' books Sarum, London, The Forest, Dublin... to me they count :p
Stephen Donaldson - Thomas Covenant
James Clavell - Asia
C.S. Lewis - Narnia

and because he entertained me a lot in my childhood: Walter Farley - The Black Stallion series

The Jerusalem Quartet - Edward Whittemore
Gormenghast - Mervyn Peake
The Cornelius Quartet - Michael Moorcock
Viriconium sequence - M. John Harrison
Pyatt Quartet - Micahel Moorcock(thus far not finished, as Vengeance of Rome comrs out next year)
Dune - Frank Heebert
The First Chronicles of Amber - Roger Zelazny
Hyperion Cantos - Dan Simmons
Demon Princes - Jack Vance
Culture - Ian M. Banks
Discworld - Terry Pratchett
His Dark Materials - Phillip Pullman
Riddlemaster - Patricia Mckillip
Newford - Charles De Lint
Night's Dawn trilogy - Peter F. Hamilton
Lankhmar - Fritz Leiber
Book of the New Sun -Gene Wolfe
Sandman - Neal Gaiman
The Elric Saga - Michael Moorcock
The Baroque Cycle - Neal Stephenson
Malazan Book of the Fallen - Steven Erikson
A Song of ICe and Fire - George R.R. Martin
Jorkens - Lord Dunsany
Prince of Nothing - R. Scott Bakker
Vorksogian - Lois Mcmaster Bujold
Foundation - Isaac Asimov
Dark Tower - Stephen King
Rat Lords- Mary Gentle

I've enjoyed reading Alexander McCall Smiths Ladies Detective Agency books. They're good for when you need something light and easy to get into. I usually take one on a flight as I can never concentrate on anything taxing at all when I have so many distractions. :cool:

A few more I thought of:

Tamora Pierce: serveral quartets, starting with The Song of the Lioness quartet.
John Marsden: Tomorrow, When the War Began series

MonkeyCatcher

Now that we have a list of authors (and characters) that have written a series of books can we have a little clarification on the purpose?

Stewart, were you not loved as a child?

WOW, I've been a member of this forum for all of five minutes, have read three threads and I have already figured out that Stewart is one major asshole. Hey Stewart, it's really easy to be an asshole over the internet, isn't it? I mean, it's like being an asshole in real society without the repercussions. I whole-heartedly hope you try it with the wrong guy in real life and you get your comeuppance! ;)

coop1st said:
WOW, I've been a member of this forum for all of five minutes, have read three threads and I have already figured out that Stewart is one major asshole.

Thankyou, newbie. When you've spent more than five minutes here you'll find out that your judgment is incorrect. :)

Three fucking threads. Big deal! :rolleyes:

coop1st said:
Stewart, it's really easy to be an asshole over the internet, isn't it?

To risk being a cliched bore, it takes one to know one.

coop1st said:
WOW, I've been a member of this forum for all of five minutes, have read three threads and I have already figured out that Stewart is one major asshole. Hey Stewart, it's really easy to be an asshole over the internet, isn't it? I mean, it's like being an asshole in real society without the repercussions. I whole-heartedly hope you try it with the wrong guy in real life and you get your comeuppance! ;)

I 2nd that!
Stewart If your not interested in the thread! why read it
:confused:

Erica said:
Stewart If your not interested in the thread! why read it [/B] :confused:

Okay, riddle me this...how am I supposed to know if I'm not interested in a thread unless I read it?

I'll second Stewart's question though.

Was the purpose of this thread only to list our fav 'serial authors'? Or was there another point with it?

Jemima Aslana said:
Was the purpose of this thread only to list our fav 'serial authors'? Or was there another point with it?

I found it interesting - I like reading books that are in series rather than just a one-off and so this thread gave me many ideas.

Besides, I've read a fair few more threads which are a lot more pointless than this one.

I'm not trying to get uppity - I just gave my opinion on the point of this thread.

MonkeyCatcher

Back