• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Avater

Motokid said:
I don't think you would offend anyone, and certainly not somebody like me. I just wondered if you knew that little tidbit of information...and obviously you didn't.

Take it for what it's worth. Use the rainbow if you want.
I didn't know a rainbow also resembles sexual orintation (I can't spell) :( So I hope nobody thought my name was something like that :eek: My name means I like rainbows...the nature type that is created through sun and rain :)

Kookamoor said:
I think Rainbowgurl was just shocked that she might have said something wrong or offensive and so she appologised. Motokid's reply to her original post was a little confronting, although I know he meant well:
Yes, thats why I apolagised :eek: Hard to tell when someone is serious or not on the internet.

«FickleMinded» said:
--what a trivia,I didn't know that either,I love rainbow colors, see my avvy, and if you'll visit my blog, it has a rainbow background as well, just like in my siggy. :), the reason why I used it is bec I'm so fickleminded and I don't know what colors I want,so rainbow suit my taste. :)
I like the font on your blog :)

Motokid said:
Is this:

"You do realize that "rainbow colors" is kind of a symbol for homosexual orientation right?

Not that there's anything wrong with that...just something you may wish to to keep under consideration."

really confrontational....?????

I was just pointing out a simple bit of info that I assumed (correctly I might add) that RG did not know.

Is that really confrontational??? Really???

I'm not saying it was hostile or anything, but depending on how you read it one could think you were a little ticked off. I certainly didn't see it as such but I was just trying to see it how RG might have seen it because I thought lies might actually have been having a rip! The diplomat that I am stepped in and attempted to see the other side of the situation.

I didn't mean to offend you, Moto!!

I think it was perhaps wise to point it out to RG, not because I think she shouldn't use the colours, but if she ever gets an odd message or something it may explain it. I had a friend who used to get people saying odd things to her on occasion, particularly at parties. It wasn't until much later that she realised that they had noticed she wore a rainbow coloured ribbon in her hair and people were making certain assumptions. How ridiculous is that?

Who can parse the meanings of all the bandana colors? My sister told me last summer never to wear a bandana that I didn't know the meaning of.

Then I read in the paper that schools were prohibiting bandana wearing because of associations with gang colors. So maybe it was just that?

ok Mr_Michel and Jenn I'll bite...

What's the significance of "gurl" vs. "girl" ?

Bring the knowledge to me....

Motokid said:
You do realize that "rainbow colors" is kind of a symbol for homosexual orientation right?

Not that there's anything wrong with that...just something you may wish to to keep under consideration.

This only reminds me of Seinfeld.

mr_michel said:
just a little annotation here, that flag is called a diversity pride flag
i knew it but found it funny, specially because there is a little something else in rg theme that adds, but im not telling :rolleyes: :D

so is up to jenn :)

As far as I know 'gurl' can be used in a couple of different ways:

transvestite (which combined with the rainbow is basically whatever)

a member of the Hello Kitty Lolita-girl set, used to express youngness, naivite, false innocence. Very big in Japan but more and more in US.

hip-hoply, as in, 'yo gurl, yo hat look like a muffincup'

And then theres, grrrrl . . . which are the ones you want to be careful of. :eek:

My personal belief is that a rainbow is a rainbow and a gurl is a girl who can't spell. But I do like everyone to settle down avatarwise. I really don't like having to get used to someone's new self. Like Stewart. I still can't believe all he has been in the past.

but it is hard. my first avatar, while i do love bubbles, not many of you know who he is so it just looked like a very goofy man. now i have a goofy kid, but he suits me much better. it's kind of like house shopping.

well i have always known gurl to be the word for young male transvestites. but it has become more of a young girls word now.

yeah i had a great pic of him. it was the dope trailer's no place for a kitty t shirt pic. but i don't think people got it. aaah well. such is the curse of canadian humour.

Back