• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Avater

lies said:
I agree. It's too confusing!
--i think most of the common terminology right now is really very confusing,specially with this so-called "politically correct" thing going on.
you can't tell a person she's fat,but it's ok to tell her she's vertically challenge,
you can't use the term Black anymore,African-american is the right term (on this part,I didn't mean to offend anyone, this is just a mere discussion)

I wonder who discover or invented this literary's latest trend.

«FickleMinded» said:
you can't use the term Black anymore,African-american is the right term (on this part,I didn't mean to offend anyone, this is just a mere discussion)
I sometimes wonder why this is the case. If I can be called white, then why is it wrong to say black, and how long would it take to become just American?

Must have missed the invention of the thing that measures the purity of the soul, I better go get me one of those.

novella said:
My personal belief is that a rainbow is a rainbow and a gurl is a girl who can't spell. But I do like everyone to settle down avatarwise. I really don't like having to get used to someone's new self. Like Stewart. I still can't believe all he has been in the past.
I chose gurl because girl was taken already when I signed up to this forum.

I do not understand why make such a big fuss about avatar!
Anyway, Rainbowgurl, see if you like any of these.

Here is a link to many rainbow pictures.

Here is another one.

How is this?? I know its not a rainbow. But it depicts rainbow colours. I liked it.

awww.betterphoto.com_uploads_processed_0019_0410050121511rainbow.jpg

PS : Sorry for that _huge_ picture, I coudnt find a smaller version of that!

ooooh i like that one alot. if you could get that for an avatar, nice.

plus rg, i think this is a good thread. it's funny how something so innocuous as an avatar could stir up so much conversation.

Thanks jenn, I was thinking the same thing. What appears silly on the surface can be fun, and informative when the right questions are asked.

I find this thread quite funny.

More than a few people learned what could be valuable information.

Everything seems to stir up conversation, these days.

4hbfc7
(<-- proper size)

Cheers

Not at all, but turning a simple request for an avatar into a discussion on homosexuality might be taking it just a tiny step too far.

That said, I do enjoy the recent explosion of discussions.

Cheers

So warning a young, impressionable, and slightly innocent girl that her choice of avatar could lead to assumptions is a bad thing to do?

She can freely choose whatever she wants as an avatar, and now she knows some things she did not in the past. Isn't more knowledge better than less?

I considered it a friendly bit of info.

If somebody young and innocent decided to use the name phallus would you not want somebody to point out the possible implications of use that tag?

I think the connotations of the word 'phallus' are much much stronger than the connotations of an image of a rainbow - and yes, I realise this was only an example.

Cheers

Motokid said:
If somebody young and innocent decided to use the name phallus would you not want somebody to point out the possible implications of use that tag?

actually i would question how "innocent" they really are? :D :D

phallus....that's a funny word.

By the way. I vote for Sanyuja/Martin's flower avatar too. Very bright and happy. Much better than a girl with a tear.

Back