• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Bah...three points

Catalyst

A couple of weeks ago i ended up going through a red light. I got flashed by hte camera :mad: but thought id got away with it. Im not making excuses but that camera is very sensitive and iv seen people being flashed when its amber. I had this eejit really close behind me so if i stopped i was afraid he'd go into me, which would be his fault but i was driving my boyfriends Mg Tf.

So yes....i am a criminal lol. Will 3 points make my insurance any higher? I used to be so happy that i had a clean liscense. How long will the points stay on does anyone know?

Those things always scare me. I'm sure that you could argue the case in court because of that, and that they could see that the man was awful close behind you.

One time I had to run a red light while a cop was watching me, because I didn't have time to slow down. He didn't do anything, though; I think he knew I had no choice.

Unfortunately, I can't help you. I don't know anything about insurance anyway, especially in another country.

CCTV and cameras in public are a violation of privacy rights IMHO. In London, you are recorded by up to 300 cameras a day. Some U.S. cities are adopting this stuff too, not cool.

U.K. privacy rights organization

Is there an appeal that you could file or something? I would just give it the bird every time I saw one.:)

catalyst said:
So yes....i am a criminal lol. Will 3 points make my insurance any higher? I used to be so happy that i had a clean liscense. How long will the points stay on does anyone know?
Yes the 3 points will make your insurance increase (remember to tell you insurance company now, don't wait until the policy is up for renewal). A TS10 also affects certain things like car hire (higher excess etc).

As for the length of time, they only count towards your 12 point limit for 3 years, but remain on your license for 4.

HTH :)

Back