• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Band of Brothers

HRE

Great Movie, better book.

I was wondering if you guys noticed any differences between the film and the book by Stephen Ambrose. Its been a while since I read it, and I can't quite remember the text.

I only got around to watching the series a few weeks ago. I'm currently reading through the book. They actually complement each other quite well, each touching on areas the other doesn't. Granted the overall picture's the same, but it's the little touches that set them apart.

The book seems more detached and analytical giving you a better idea of what's actually going on, whilst the series doesn't read quite so much like a historical thesis, sticking you in there, allowing the human element to shine though a little more.

The series doesn't cover areas such as the equipment the soldiers carried, or the more detailed tactical aspects, and instead sticks to areas suited to the medium. A good adaptation IMHO, though some of the directors involved were better than others.

fluffy bunny said:
I only got around to watching the series a few weeks ago. I'm currently reading through the book. They actually complement each other quite well, each touching on areas the other doesn't. Granted the overall picture's the same, but it's the little touches that set them apart.

The book seems more detached and analytical giving you a better idea of what's actually going on, whilst the series doesn't read quite so much like a historical thesis, sticking you in there, allowing the human element to shine though a little more.

The series doesn't cover areas such as the equipment the soldiers carried, or the more detailed tactical aspects, and instead sticks to areas suited to the medium. A good adaptation IMHO, though some of the directors involved were better than others.

This was an excellent review. i've only seen the film, but i recently ordered the book. i should be receiving it in a few days and intend to begin immediately.

On a recent trip to Pennsylvania I was in line at a bank and the person in line behind me was asking another why the Flags were flying at half staff. I was thinking to myself it was because of the tragedy that took place in Tuscon AZ. I over heard the response was that the flags in PA were flying at half staff due to the death of Richard Winters, who lived in Hershey, PA.

WW II hero passes away at 92

Richard Winters dies at age 92

Back