• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Banned Books?

Literati

Does anyone else here have an affinity for banned books?? :D

Sorry if this thread is a repeat, I looked for one but couldn't find it.

I actually have been looking up banned books. On Wikipedia.org, there is a long list of them and I've read some--Lois Lowry books, The Bridge to Terabithia, and of course Harry Potter--but some I have no interest in.

I read through quite a few banned books in high school. You really should have seen the looks on my teacher's faces when I brought in some of them. Most of the ones I read were the classic literature no longer deemed appropriate.

I do feel compelled to read books that have been banned because I always like to form my own opinion on a controversial topic rather than just following along with what someone else says. I don't actively seek them out, but I do pop them onto my TBR list and pick them up if I spot them at the library or on sale.

The most amusing banned book I can think of is that Fahrenheit 451 is banned in some schools, I wonder if any of these school systems have read the book and can see the irony in that.

I feel compelled to read any book that causes a public backlash.

Back