• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Banned

Martin

Silly question this, and the person in question will no doubt read this, but I thought Not Edna was banned? How come I still see him on the Boards?

Cheers, Martin :D

Basically banning someone comes in two forms - blocking the user name and blocking the IP Address.

I don't know which Darren has went for (probably IP) but it doesn't remove all their previous posts. It simply means they can no longer post.

I must say that it is a good feeling to ban someone from a forum. :)

i would like a few details Darren

the point is ,though again this might seem silly, the person was banned due to the posts he had made, so isnt it quite stupid that he isnt here but those posts still remain?

I think the point is to make sure there are no more posts of that nature - im not sure you can delete individual posts without destroying the threads with this software

Phil

I didn't mean his messages, I meant that I saw him, his name, in the "What's going on" box, at the bottom of the boards. In other words, he was logged in and browsing the boards.

How come?

Cheers, Martin :cool:

phil_t said:
I think the point is to make sure there are no more posts of that nature - im not sure you can delete individual posts without destroying the threads with this software

With vBulletin 3, you can delete individual posts. Unfortunately there is no Delete all posts by this user option in the Administration Panel. So, deleting the complete postings of some members would be an administrative nightmare.

how do you know all that Mile-O? dont tell me you are Darren in disguise

and btw you dont have to delete all the postings of a user. only the ones that are over the top

The user has been banned. Martin, in an attempt to answer your initial query, the chances are that this user was attempting to gain access through the username, in which case it may shown as them being online. However, they will be unable to participate in the board.

If any members have concerns with the posts remaining from that user, or any other posts on the forum, please report that post using the triangular sign icon found in the post header, stating why it is being reported. That post will then be looked over and discussed by the moderators and appropriate action taken.

Many thanks for your help and concerns, and for providing the feedback used to make sure the board remains a family friendly site. It is appreciated not only by the admin and moderators, but also, I'm sure, by our fellow members.

Mxx

what have people done around here to get banned?

this type of forum doesn't seem like a place that would attract a bunch of troublemakers.

Just breaking the Forum rules and regulations, such as launching a personal attack on one of the members

Phil

Shut up, Phil. You're a bastard.

Cheers, Martin
Innocent.gif

Back