• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Barb Jungr anyone?

bartleby

Just came across this lady's cover album of Bob Dylan songs. I like her easy-listening take on a number of Dylan's soft ballads. She lilts somewhat in trying to tackle Tangled up in Blue though - you just can't beat the original art sometimes.

She's just released an album of Nina Simone covers also.

With a name like that, I thought she would hail from east of the Rhone but no... a northern English lass!

Looking forward, Bart.

Just came across this lady's cover album of Bob Dylan songs. I like her easy-listening take on a number of Dylan's soft ballads. She lilts somewhat in trying to tackle Tangled up in Blue though - you just can't beat the original art sometimes.

She's just released an album of Nina Simone covers also.

With a name like that, I thought she would hail from east of the Rhone but no... a northern English lass!

Looking forward, Bart.

It sound very good to me.I ll get it and let you know.I love different interpretations of classic rock and folk songs.Thanks Bart

Not bad at all,"I want you" is nice,itas a jeff buckey flavor to it(lilac wine).I like her modulation betwin high and low and a voice not to "clean".
If you are interested, Bryan Ferry as a new album (year old or so) in which he also revisite so of Dylan Standar.
Esther Philips is a fabulous jazz singer,she also interpret some dylan song.

Cheers Thomas. I actually have the Bryan Ferry album - Dylanesque. Some decent versions - If Not For You and Make You Feel My Love stand out.
By the way I have a number of Dylan originals also!! Can't beat Blood on the Tracks.

Haven't come across Esther Phillips yet - I'll do a bit of digging.

Back