• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Barbara Vine aka Ruth Rendell new book

GERBAM

the birthday present by barbara vine is an absorbing thriller about an mp who plans a birthday surprise for his mistress and of course everything turns into a catastrophy. Finely limned characters allow readers to sympathize or not and take them to the surprises ending. High tension and randy escapades add to the edginess of this unusual novel from BARBARA VINE.

I've read King Solomon's Carpet, that was very good, but did not like The Minotaur, so I'm in two minds about The Birthday Present.

chris302116
as is the case with all writes who have produced a large body of work some books will be more appealing to more people than others
if you are not sure about Vine/Rendell's new one may I recommend SIMISOLA which is one of my favorites also by Rendell as herself I loved MASTER OF THE MOOR and THE BRIDESMAID
I have read 44 of her Rendell/Wexford books and all of her Barbara Vine books ... THE BLOOD DOCTOR was excellent too as I remember

Experimenting with writers has been the best way for me to discover the ones i want to stick with.

GOOD LUCK

Back