• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Battle of the Books

K-Dawn

Tomorrow is the Battle of the Books (BOB) tourney at my school.

BOB is a club where there's 16 books that your team (3-4 people make up a team) has to read. Then there's a school tourney where you're asked a bunch of questions about the books.

For instance if the question was, 'In which book did a boy become a Dragon Rider?", you'd get 45 seconds to answer, 'Eragon, by Christopher Paolini."

You get 2 points for the correct title and 3 points for the correct author. If you don't answer correctly, the other team gets a chance to answer it for bonus points. If you answer incorrectly but can prove that it happens in the book that you said, you can get the points for it. It's pretty fun. Last year my team got second at the school tourney and got to go on to city. ;)

How to make worm babies read

It's probably not something bibliophiles would like to watch because of the possibilities of spoilers.

What books did you read?

how did the battle go, K-Dawn?

Great! We won! We were psyched!(sp?) The city competition is on April 9th.
What books did you read?

Things Not Seen by Andrew Clements
Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (Awesome!)
Far North by Will Hobbs
The Ghost in the Takaido Inn by Dorothy and Thomas Hoobler (great!)
The Cure by Sonia Levitin
The Wish by Gale Carson Levine
Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen by Dyan Sheldon (Also a great movie)
Red Midnight by Ben Mikealsen
Eragon by Christopher Paolini (Another awesome book!)
Shadow Spinner by Susan Fletcher
Surviving the Applewhites by Stephanie S. Tolan
Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry
The Gadget by Paul Zindel
Chinese Ciderella by Adeline Yen Mah
Blizzards Wake by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley

I've read all but The Cure and Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen (although I've seen a movie of the latter, so I know what it's about). One of my teammates read 15 books, one read 10-12, and one read 2.

Back