• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Beer: the reason we have civilization

Keep sterile thy brew making tools, lest thy drink become impure and thus thy body.

Beer and Bread have always gone hand in hand. A steady diet of unleavened bread would get old very fast. Wild yeast is just fermented grain...sourdough anyone?

There's a restaurant/brew pub in Columbia, Missouri called Flat Branch and they make their bread and rolls out of the spent wheat from the brewing process.

Thou shalt not combine a top fermenting yeast with a bottom fermenting yeast.

There's a restaurant/brew pub in Columbia, Missouri called Flat Branch and they make their bread and rolls out of the spent wheat from the brewing process.

Thou shalt not combine a top fermenting yeast with a bottom fermenting yeast.

Makes sense. I bet the bread is wonderful. I make a beer bread that's pretty good. The original recipe didn't call for it, and it was fine, but the beer variation is just better.

I thought the reason we had civilization was football. Oh yes, it may have been a combination of football and beer.

Back