• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Besides Reading what other hobbies do you have????

yes, i do love to be on forums. I am part of more than 10, even own 2 of my own :p

You got some interesting hobbies there, spark ;)

Besides reading my hobbies are:

Soaping - I make my own soap, for fun, not because I'm a hillbilly.:lol:

Needleworking/Quilting - I do cross-stitch and I am getting ready to learn needlepoint, which could get ugly since I'm going to teach myself and will be starting on a kit that is at least intermediate, not beginner.

Labrador Retriever'ing - my 3 year old lab named Pearl keeps me sane in an insane world. Training, playing and abundant snuggling.

Getting to know New Orleans
Writing: poetry mostly; a memoir in the works (50k words rough so far); one short story done, submitted
Member of a writing group and a poetry reading group
Genealogy from time to time
Visiting used book shops, library sales, picking up whatever seems interesting
Catching up on old movies
Geeking around our computers
Lurking at a number of forums, steadily dwindling participation
Facebook is now at zilch

Besides reading? :innocent: :eek:

I collect tea pots, at first just the iron ones, now whenever we visit a second hand store, or consignment store, I can usually find a great older china tea pot.

Trying to keep our masses of books straight, listing etc.
Writing poetry.
Reading real estate listings in different cities.
Organizing 5 generations of "stuff". [trying to get rid of as much as possible!]

Going on dates with my wife, playing with my two kids, walking the dogs, riding ATV's, camping, travel, anything outdoors.

I'm also a movie freak. My favorite movie is Sin City. I watch Japanese animation from time-to-time;stuff like Black Lagoon,Hellsing,Gantz etc. I sometimes troll other boards when I'm bored,but that's just me.

Hello all

In my spare time i keep myself busy printing off crosswords from the times website and completing them. i also enjoy writing articles with my opinions on currant affairs to the local newspaper, and then after a week, writing a response under a different name. I used to play alot of snooker, but one day while i was reacher over the table for a hard shot, i pulled my hamstring and have not picket up a snooker que since. I am also a freemason.

Back