• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Best book you've read so far in 2008

I suddenly feel like I'm way behind in my reading this year - it's just about April and I'm still working on my 7th of the year...

Dickens's A Tale of Two Cities is by far the best I've read this year. I've decided I need to read more Dickens.

I know what you mean. I think this'll be the year of classics for me. I finished Great Expectations and A Christmas Carol last year. This year it's going to be A Tale of Two Cities and Oliver Twist. I'm also going to try to get through The Bible, but that'll likely be in stages. Going to throw in some Grisham and Cussler if things start to get too heavy.

I know what you mean. I think this'll be the year of classics for me. I finished Great Expectations and A Christmas Carol last year. This year it's going to be A Tale of Two Cities and Oliver Twist. I'm also going to try to get through The Bible, but that'll likely be in stages. Going to throw in some Grisham and Cussler if things start to get too heavy.

Cussler is always great for a little break from some of the heavier reading. I think Great Expectations will be the next Dickens I read, but I have a few in line before that.

I just picked up The Children on Hurin. C.Tolkien. I know they're just capitalizing on the Lord of the Rings success, but I couldn't resist. Anyone read it yet?

It's only March but for me, so far, it has to be Nobody Knows What My Dreams Are by Patrick Clerkin. Set in Dublin of the 1960's the same era in which I grew up there. An unusual but deeply moving and beautifully woven story that left me emotionally exhausted.

On the other hand for a really good laugh you'd have to mention "Ruinair - How to be Treated Like Shite in 15 Countries and Still Quite Like It" by Paul Kilduff. I'm still laughing - and still flying with them :).

collapse by jared diamon, blink by malcolm gladwell, and nothings sacred by lewis black are three of the books I have already read this year.

Steve Alten - The Shell Game
Very political, very disturbing and almost written like it's more truth than fiction.
Against a lot of reviews I liked John Grisham's "The Appeal" as well.

I havn't been able to read many books this year( as of now), but The Bourne Supremacy was really good. The Bourne books are so much different than the movies, but in a good way. My semester ends prety soon, so I'll be able to read things that I actually want to read.;)

I still have around 50 pages left but I can safely say that The Plague, by Albert Camus is superb. The book had me so introspective.

Back