• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

best concert

kirsty said:
For atmosphere and the whole day out, Oasis last summer at The City of Manchester Stadium was great.

Which night did you go Kirsty? I went to the first night, 30th of June.

My favourite gig, was a mini-festival held in Cardiff at the Millenium Stadium in December 2005. It had Oasis headlining with Foo Fighters, Razorlight, The Coral, The Subways and a few other lesser known acts supporting. All on one stage with the name 'Noise and Confusion'. I'd already seen Oasis that year (see above), so it was only the terrific support that convinced me to travel a fair distance to Wales.

I liked all the acts originally, while loving both Oasis and the Foo Fighters. Knowing only a few songs by both The Subways and The Coral, not minding Razorlights album 'Up All Night' and having heard pretty much everything by FF and Oasis.

We entered when the lesser known supports were finishing, and were immediately attracted by The Subways, what a great live band they were. They filled the entire stadium, couldn't of asked for a better opener. The energy The Subways brought was somewhat lessened by The Coral, who's sound was clearly better suited to smaller clubs. Razorlight were nothing short of outstanding, and as expected both FF and Oasis were brilliant.

One of the greatest nights of my life.

phil_t said:
I have to confess to only ever having been to one concert in my life, which was Bryan Adams at Wembley Arena. No, I'm not proud of that fact!! :D

.... Oh, and it was my friends who made me go, I swear!! ;)

Phil

Hey, Phil thats nothing to be ashamed off!!
Witch year was it?? If it was in 96' you watched one of the best BA conserts ever. Wish that I had seen him at a sold out Wembley. BA would never manage that novadays.

Well I'm a fan of Bryan Adams and have seen him once live in Stavanger, Norway in 2004. It was my best gig so far.

I've seen Greenday (july 05) and Keane (may 06) live too. Planning to se Bryan Adams live this autumn in Norway or Sweden.

My dream gig would be a gig with Bon Jovi. But they never find the way to Scandinavia.

Every And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead gig I've been to has been brilliant, even the last one where they all looked knackered before they'd even started.

The same goes for Doves. And Mogwai were excellent too when I saw them recently.......I can't pick just one.

As for my 'dream concert', that would be either Arcade Fire, Mercury Rev or 18 Wheeler.

I've been to a few gigs over the years, but the ultimate for me was David Bowie closely followed by Radiohead (particularly the OK Computer tour)

My favorite show(s) of all time is a toss-up between Broken Social Scene/Stars two night stand at the Marquee last January, or Death From Above 1979/Controller.Controller at the Attic in Halifax last may. (small venue+over capacity)+(Death From Above 1979+ten foot speakers)= holy crap

Thickney said:
My favorite show(s) of all time is a toss-up between Broken Social Scene/Stars two night stand at the Marquee last January, or Death From Above 1979/Controller.Controller at the Attic in Halifax last may. (small venue+over capacity)+(Death From Above 1979+ten foot speakers)= holy crap
All going well, I'll be seeing Broken Social Scene for the first time in August. Whatever they choose to play, I'll be happy, but if they play either Anthem for a seventeen Year Old Girl or Lover's Spit...........I'll melt.

Well i can guarntee you they'll play both songs ;) i'm not sure if i mentioned seeing them month or two ago in the thread but i did for the second time. I adore them so and hopefully will see them again in August soemwhere in England. If you don't know they play for near 3 hours

Ms. said:
Well i can guarntee you they'll play both songs ;) i'm not sure if i mentioned seeing them month or two ago in the thread but i did for the second time. I adore them so and hopefully will see them again in August soemwhere in England. If you don't know they play for near 3 hours
BSS? Three hours?! Whoa... I'll be seeing them at a music festival though, so I reckon the other bands would be a tad miffed if they played for that length of time. :D

Hope you get to see them again soon. :)

Aw man bss at a festival is a no no :( but i hope you enjoy them anyhow,i get to see them in cardiff <3

Back