• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

best concert

I have just recently went to a Status Quo concert. This was one of the best I have been to because I was right at the front! :D

Saw Motley Crue Sunday nite. It was a good show, they played all of the hits, there was lotsa nudity, and the sound was a bit muddy. Mick Mars has one foot in the grave.

This is fun!
I havent been to a concert in a while but reading this thread, got me remembering all the good times I have had at concerts.

Here is a list of the ones I can remember and yes my age will show somehow:

Red hot chilli pebers
Santana, many times
Toto
Eurythmics
Steve Miller band
Jefro Thull (not sure about the spelling)
Oasis
U2
Bruce Springsteen
Rolling Stones
Tony Bennett
Pink Floyd
Meatloaf
The black lady, a folksinger, who sang "here is a fast car"
The irish popband with lots of sisters in, they have a violin player

and many many others. I wish I could have gone and see Queen in the old days with Freddie. I have missed out on Sting, Elvis Costello and Nick Cave, and feel a bit bad about it.

I think my best concert was Pink Floyd. When I saw them on tv from London this summer, I was glad that I had seen them at their best. The guys are great but getting old.

Flower

Edit:
The black lady, a folksinger, who sang "here is a fast car"=Tracy Chapman
The irish popband with lots of sisters in, they have a violin player=The Corrs

jenngorham said:
i think you are thinking of tracy chapman maybe?
how were the eurythmics? i love them.

Yes, Tracy Chapman. It was a long time ago but she was cool, standing there all by herself on a huge stage with her guitar. Everybody was singing along, so it was great.

It was a loooong time ago since I saw the Eurythmics. I remember I was a bit dissapointed as they seem to "just put on a show" and wernt really communicating with the audience if you know what I mean? I saw, Annie Lennox, on tv this summer from the live8 concert and she was cool now, much cooler than she was back then.

This has really got me thinking, I know there are bands I have forgotten but I cant remember who. I have seen many other danish bands which I dont think is worth mentioning here.

Flower

Oh yeaaah, I remember spending a lazy afternoon at a beach near Copenhagen, listening to the guy who sang, "I still got the blues for yoooou"

Flower

The best concert ever was Robbie Williams in Mannheim (Germany), summer 2003. Never seen such a great concert before! I also liked the concert of the German band "Die Ärzte" (the Doctors) in 2004.

This Summer I went to the concert of "Die Toten Hosen" (the dead trousers), that was also great.

Coldplay in july at the reebok stadium! (sorry stewart) :D
They also had Elbow on before them and they where brilliant! :D

Back in 2001, I saw Bob Dylan in concert. He played a lot of modern stuff with a dash of the old. Absolutely inspiring. Dream concert?--I'd say that I would like to see Staind.

The Finn Brothers...
AMAZING!! First time I had seen Neil and Tim. It was totally incredible! Breathtaking. Amazing. Amazing.
Followed cloesly by Dave Matthews Band

Lani

Best gigs

Has to be any Radiohead gig but the most magical was the Verve last gig ever in County Meath 97' 85000 people there, An all day bash then under a blood red sky they come as night falls lights come on and all mahem breaks loose or was it just me but a spiritual awakeing awsome!!!:cool:

I have been to a lot of concerts in my time, but my favorite - by far- was one I went to last year. RICK SPRINGFIELD
I know, I know... you're all thinking "who?" He wasn't just a one hit wonder- but I could go on and on about that.
He puts on an awesome show with SO much energy, it's amazing. I saw him twice last year and plan to see him at least that many times this year! :)

sputnick said:
85000 people there

Urgh! Those have to be the worst; too many people.

I went to see Françoiz Breut last week and there was about 100 people there; a fantastic and rather intimate gig; the best sort.

Nine Inch Nails in San Diego this year. Got to see the band twice since the first time the drummer had some sort of heart palpatations and they had to cut the concert short and reschedule.

For atmosphere and the whole day out, Oasis last summer at The City of Manchester Stadium was great. But in terms of the best gig as in performance, probably Embrace a few years back at Keele University. Small venue, great band warming up for their come-back.

Back