• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Better make it official

Four posts already, one about fitting in here, so I guess I better introduce myself.

I enjoy reading "books with Buzz," the Lovely Bones, the Da Vinci Code etc., but I realized that those aren't exactly cutting edge, so I thought I'd try to find some place where people talked about books.

I enjoy reading what everyone is talking about and can't resist the temptation to add my opinion, so I thought I'd better join.

Hi and welcome. Read the DaVinci Code, but couldn't bring myself to read The Lovely Bones. I read a blub about it and all I saw was a little girl dying and the books prespective was from heaven.

Maybe someday I'll get to it.

I digress....Welcome, you'll find this group fun, informative and a bit butty at times.....

Hi Doug,
Interested in your take on The Lovely Bones. It seems like such a downer that I haven't been interested.
But welcome to TBF where everything can get discussed and opined.
Peder

Hello Doug! Welcome! I've not yet read either of those books, but recently finished reading Angels & Demons by Dan Brown. Have you read it? If so, what did you think of it? I thought it was pretty sad towards the end but I enjoyed reading it. Again - Welcome! :)

Doug Johnson said:
I enjoy reading "books with Buzz," the Lovely Bones, the Da Vinci Code etc., but I realized that those aren't exactly cutting edge, so I thought I'd try to find some place where people talked about books.

Hey Doug. Wecome to TBF. I have to admit I didn't love either of those books. In fact, I never even finished the Lovely Bones. What else have you read recently? What kind of books are you looking for?

So many questions. Let's see.:

Lovely Bones: excellent beginning, grabs you right from the opening pages, but I didn't like the ending. I thought the author was trying to send a message, a message which makes a lot of sense and would be appropriate for most people, but a dead girl writing from heaven can't do that. I wouldn't be afraid of it though. You laugh, you cry, you're afraid for some characters: all good stuff.

"Brave of you to admit:" I'm not afraid.

I enjoyed Angels and Demons. I like all thrillers, but I like trying other genres. I have "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" on my desk right now.

Back