• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Bike Helmit

Do you wear a bike helmit?

• Yes

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
Do you mean as in a bicycle, rather than a motorbike? I used to wear one, but I have to admit that it was only because there was a speed trap on my route into work and there always police hanging around and I didn't want to get told off for not wearing one. But then the police disappeared and so did my helmet. I'm such a rebel. Plus I was getting fed up with all the jokes about my purple helmet. Did have one really nice experience of a white van deliberately crossing in front of me and mounting the pavement to try and knock me off. And it truly was deliberate, and not just the usual standard of terrible driving from a van driving. I was in the cycle lane and he swerved to cross the lane, mount the pavement and swerve back and then his mate popped his head out of the window to see if they'd got me. I don't remember if I was wearing my helmet, but with the speed he was going I doubt it would have made a lot of difference anyway.

RainbowGurl said:
When you go bike rideing, do you wear a helmit?

I read that a boy hit his head on the kurb and died.

RainbowGurl, it doesn't matter what other people do. Be safe. Wear a helmet. Be safer. Wear bright clothing. Be safer still. Enquire about training.

I wasn't going to be harsh, but I will be, because this is a subject close to my heart. I used to instruct people to ride motorcycles. I've seen damaged helmets, which had saved lives. One ex-trainee (a young policeman) died when his helmet came off in an accident. The helmet had not been strapped on.

I assume you are talking about bicycles? Nevertheless, if a car runs over your head, you want to be wearing a helmet. Securely fastened.

Sorry to be brutal. Take care.

Third Man Girl

sorry

couldn't vote don't cycle - but i agree with TMG safety first, i always wear one on a motor bike though. Somepeople might think it's not cool to wear a helmet, i'd say they lack imagination look at easy rider, but don't spray a plastic one, spray paint degrades plastic and weakens it.

ksky

I didn't wear one when I was younger, but if I went biking now, I'd definitely wear one. Now its just easier to drive my car (especially with my bike stored at my grandmother's house).

TMG is right, be safe and wear a helmet.

Never worn a helmet on a bicycle in my life, and I've lived to reach 24. And I bike a lot!

TMG:
if a car runs over your head, you want to be wearing a helmet. Securely fastened.
Yeah .. you're one of those people that wears a helmet when you're skydiving, right. Pretty useless in that situation.

Cassandra:
I broke a car.
In half?

Cheers, Martin :D

Yep - I always wear my helmet - it's pretty cute actually, has "Nick the Cat" on it and what looks like a "Sylvester" but must be Nick ... :confused:

Haven't a clue :confused: But everyone shortens my name to Nick! (It's not a bicycle helmet though, it's a motorbike helmet - forgot to say :eek: )

Hmm. Intriguing. Perhaps, then, it's a warning to the wearer. 'Nick! The cat!' Yes. Watch out for the cat. When the time comes, you'll understand.

If you are riding a bike and get by an auto, a helmet is the least of your problems.

I know the last biker I hit was going-on about broken legs, not a word about his head. He wasn't wearing a helmet.

Martin said:
Cassandra:

In half?

Cheers, Martin :D

Nope, just the side mirror, still not good. I'll try for in half next time if you'd like to volunteer the car, since now I'm learning to drive.

Back