• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

blind buying!!

honeydevil

hey, i just couldn't find anything to give my opinion, so i just create a useless thread!!
confess your authors, whos books you would buy without knowing what the book is all about!!

mine is susan elizabeth Phillips ( i really get tired ot writing her name all the time :rolleyes: ) !! who are yours??

anything with fabio on the cover :eek:

just kidding
i would buy anything by
irving wallace and taylor caldwell
i have enjoy so far the books wrote by them that i have the chance to read.
but i not even close to had read half of the books they wrote.

I was just raving about Barbara Kingsolver, but that post got buried somewhere, I guess . (Who knows where I was...)

Annie Dillard

Anne Lamott

Barbara Vine

Isabelle Allende

John Irving

(to name a few...)

Would you go on a wait list for any of yours? Like a pre-buy list?

:rolleyes:

That's actually a good question!

I would buy anything by my fave authors without knowing what the book is about. Anyway, that's kinda interesting. Just leaving it to fate.. :)

StillILearn said:
Would you go on a wait list for any of yours? Like a pre-buy list?

:rolleyes:
the hell NO!! i hate waiting!! and if the author can't write as fast as i read, it's not my problem!! :D

StillILearn said:
I was just raving about Barbara Kingsolver, but that post got buried somewhere, I guess . (Who knows where I was...)
StillILearn, I think it was in the Author Discussion forum. But a quick way to find your posts: Click on your name in an active thread, then go to 'find all posts' and you'll see a list of all your posts. You can do this with any member to find their posts.

Authors I'd get: Margaret Atwood and Alice Munro

Eugen, me too on Le Carre. Though it's a bit of a crap shoot, I like to read them all anyway. He wrote a great autobiographical essay this year, which I think appeared in the NY Times book review or maybe The New Yorker.

Also, off the top of my head:

Ethan Canin
T. Coraghessan Boyle (highly recommend World's End)
Amy Tan
Joan Didion
Ian McEwan

novella said:
Eugen, me too on Le Carre. Though it's a bit of a crap shoot, I like to read them all anyway. He wrote a great autobiographical essay this year, which I think appeared in the NY Times book review or maybe The New Yorker.
I like his plots, Novella, but sometimes his writing could be tighter. Always an entertaining read, though. Comes up with great pieces in between pages.

Thank you, Ell...

That is where I was! :)

I just finished re-reading "My Invented Country", and now I want to talk about it, so now I'm off to find the appropriate thread in which to do that!

;)

Oh I would probably buy ANY book by ANY of my fave authors. Every author is allowed to write a bad book so I expect to find one eventually by each and every author I love.

Bernard Cornwell (though not Sharpe) and Jean Auel are the two I can think of off the top of my head :)

Dan Brown - Bought his first book the same way ;)
Agatha Christie . . Superb Writer.

But I would also buy any book by my other Favorite Authors.

I would never buy a book just because it's by an author who I've read before & liked tbh. I will probably be more likely to read the synopsis for the new book however, if it doesn't appeal to me then I won't read it.

The reason for this is that I've read a lot of Dick Francis books & it got to the point that his newer ones are just a re-hash of others he'd written. It's the same with Barbara Taylor Bradford & Danielle Steele. In my opinion, they are flogging a dead horse.

Back