• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

blogging

I started a blog about six months ago just because I thought it would be cool.

I haven't updated it in five months and three weeks, though.

I guess I should go out there and delete it.

ehh, I'll just have another beer.

i have this page on my space, where i have lots of pictures of myself and also have a lot of cool and, like good looking people which are so ultra nice, listed as my space friends, oh my god its like, you know.. im so popular :eek:

:rolleyes:

actually i have a blog page in msnspaces that i activated because it was a click away in my messenger, and i use it on very rare ocasions to distribuite pics, that sort of stuff, basicly free webspace, which contents people can check just clicking on my nick on the messenger

it's true. i need a new spam outlet. there was nothing happening last night and so i've been looking at blogs, which is a funny word, and just wondering about them. lies i never look at the bottom of the page, thanks for pointing it out.

I started my blog because I wanted somewhere to express my creative side. I am a very creative person. It's nice to have an outlet for that.

There were 2 factors in operation a the time of my blog creation. Firstly, I had become very interested in photography. Secondly, I had become aware that I was not creating so much as I used to and it concerned me. So I created the blog as a place to put my photography and also to get me to focus and create on a more regular basis. Basically the blog is my creative playground. Hopefully I can share something beautiful along the way and give somebody a smile, a bright moment, or a sliver of dream.

The blog didn't quite work out the way I had intended because I set myself the task of putting something up every day to focus myself on creation it burned me out. And I found I had started blogging not purely for myself but for others. I wanted something beautiful on the blog for people to see. This is a good intention but still wrong. I feel you should only create for yourself and if people like what you do then that's wonderful but it shouldn't be at the forefront of things.

I left the blog off for about 3 months! I just recently started it up again. Now I don't post so much and am far more relaxed about the whole thing. I no longer post everyday. It's normally a post or two on the weekend and whenever I feel like it during the week.

I really like blogging! For me, it's great to have a place to express myself. I enjoy my online playground. I also like reading the blogs of others that I have got to know. There are a great bunch of very creative people and interesting with blogs out there. It's a nice way to get to know people and be part of a little community.

mr_michel said:
Lies you should know better, the topic doesnt matter, its just an excuse for jenn to spam :eek: :p
I'm sorry... it's just that every time I see someone open a thread on something that's been discussed before (which means the conversation can be picked up at any time), a little piece of me dies.

Loads of pieces of me die these days. :(

lies said:
I'm sorry... it's just that every time I see someone open a thread on something that's been discussed before (which means the conversation can be picked up at any time), a little piece of me dies.

Loads of pieces of me die these days. :(

sorry. it was late, i was just thinking about it and didn't think to do a search. :eek: :(

and wabbit thanks for the response. i've been looking at blogs lately and was just curious about them. i read through the other threads as well. obviously every person's reason to blog is different; i was looking to see what the motivation behind it was. stewart talked about angst ridden teens blogging, and i thought that was interesting. maybe it seems 'vacuous' to borrow from bobby, but it is still an outlet for them and whether it is full of shit or not, it may lead to other, positive things for them. but i agree with what he was saying about using it as a method to discuss and spin current events as an alternative to regular news/media outlets.
i like your reasoning too, as a forum to be creative. to me it seems like a journal that is made public, which goes against what i think about journalling, as a private outlet. but obviously, there can be as much anonymity in blogging as you like. i wonder do most people write things knowing people will read them, or do they disregard that and just go for it?

As you said I think there are many reasons to blog.

A lot of people are quite harsh on teens blogging their angst but I don't have a problem with it. I mean, it's not like anybody is forcing you to read those things. If you don't like it then simply move on. Obviously those blogs are helping those people through tough times. If it helps them. Good!

Then there are lots of blogs that are used simply to stay in contact with friends and like minded individuals.

There are plenty of blogs for news and discussion of science, history, politics, news stories and so forth.

The uses for blogs are as many and varied as the people that create and read them. I don't think any blog is better than other. Each has it's place.

Personally, I am with you. If I was going to write down my deepest thoughts and feelings I would never dream of splashing it all over a web page for the world and his dog to read... but each to their own :)

Of course my blog is, in it's own way, personal. As I write poetry, prose, or even post photography I am actually posting my thoughts, moods, and feelings onto the my site. Some of the stuff there is quite personal but it's very subtle and certainly no details.

i think it's gutsy. to put things that you have written or created on display would be nervewracking. to discuss your feelings or personal life is too, but again it can be pretty anonymous and the next day or week you will feel differently, and can move on from that emotion. if someone commented, "don't be such a crybaby, get over it" that would be so much easier to handle then if someone critisized your work. imho anyway.

Yeah, I agree. It would be far worse! I think a lot of people that write those kind of blogs just want to feel they aren't alone. They want to feel there is somebody out there listening/reading and just maybe somebody will care.

Even if that doesn't happen that they find some people willing to comment in a positive way. To read and care about what is going on in their life then at least it's got to be very cathartic for them.

On a side note: My blog is moving to something slightly more personal. Although, it will never get to the stage of "last week I was really depressed and such and such said this and OMG!!!" Partly because I don't have any desire to splash my personal life all over the internet for others to read and partly because I don't think my life is really that interesting to blog about :D

nonsense. to quote oprah, everybody's got a story. i totally want to hear all the gossip from your part of the globe. lol.
i actually prefer the more personal, journal type ones. not necessarily what people ate for breakfast and when they are going to go visit granny; the kind where they are working things out, or just writing a bit of their lives down. i like the random observations and personal little stories. it is like walking in your neighbourhood at night and getting glimpses of people in their houses, doing whatever it is they do. i don't mean anything inappropriate like hanging out of an apple tree trying to sneak a peak. i'm the kind of person that likes to sit at the airport, drink coffee and watch the 5 minute soap operas. ricky and i no longer go to coffee shops to talk, neither one of us is listening, we're too busy checking out the other customers.

Well... true. I do have a story and it's actually is quite interesting :D But... it's not what I want to do with my blog.

Those blogs you mention are interesting for the reasons you state. I think any blog can be interesting ( even what I had for breakfast ) if it's well written :)

So when are you starting the Jenn blog? :D

oh no immediate plans. just doing my research. but it has come to my attention that i may spend less time spamming up this joint if i had somewhere else to go on and on about nothing. i'm sure my blog would be the stuff of stewart's nightmares, what with all my angst. :D

I have a site on myspace, my blog there isn't exactly the longest thing ever, but I'm too lazy to write blogs all the time. I write in my journal, which no other person will see until I am dead and buried. Or burnt to ashes, but I'd rather be buried, chopped in pieces, and stuffed in a little box. I don't need my body when I'm dead anyway, I hope, because I did it would be chopped in pieces, obviously, and either way it would still be all blue and rotten. What was this topic about? Socks? Yeah. I like them pink. Pink or with umbrella pattern. Or both, wow that would be great. Soft pink of course, bright pink is so... bright. And little umbrellas all over the socks, hm... black umbrellas, and white maybe? Not red, even though that is the best umbrella-colour, red on pink is not a great combination. Wow, that was really gay. No, not really, because I am, in fact, a girl. Unless I meant "gay" as in "joyful/ merry" as the word also can mean, unless it can't anymore but I guess it can.

Back