• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

BMW confirms Villeneuve

ions said:
- Anyone else think Kimi was the better driver over Alonso this year?

I didn't follow F1 this year, but I read an article online (I believe at TSN's site) that a publication had a vote from it's readers and chose Kimi as "Driver of the Year" over Alonso.

I plan on watching it next year. It was nice to see someone other then Schumacher win the title. Though I respect him for his skill in driving and know-how to set-up a car.

BTW, add me to the list of former Mika Hakkinen fans. Boy did I love watching those two seasons he won the title. :)

Doug Johnson said:
I'd like to hear the story.
I sent you a PM with the story. I don't believe F1 fans want to hear my story about our Trans Am debut. I promise this is my last disruption of the F1 thread. :)

ppg.jpg

I finally learned how to post a photo. This is a photo of Marybeth when she was a pace car driver for cART.

"Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast - -
You also miss the sense of where you are going and why. "

Interesting signature for a race fan.

Doug Johnson said:
"Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast - -
You also miss the sense of where you are going and why. "

Interesting signature for a race fan.

That's advice for travelling from point A to B. Racers go in 'circles' so infact get to see the same scenery many times. :D Kidding aside it's surprising how much detail a racer can tell you about a track. When you need a very precise marker for a braking point while travelling around 300km/h details become your friend. Nothing to do with anything. Just an anecdote I felt like sharing.

ions said:
That's advice for travelling from point A to B. Racers go in 'circles' so infact get to see the same scenery many times. :D Kidding aside it's surprising how much detail a racer can tell you about a track. When you need a very precise marker for a braking point while travelling around 300km/h details become your friend. Nothing to do with anything. Just an anecdote I felt like sharing.
It takes a lot of knowledge about a track to run well on it. At Road America, a track that Marybeth had nor raced on previously, Paul Gentilozzi again helped us out and spent a couple hours going "over" the track in detail with marybeth prior to the race and it helped her tremendously.

In my short karting experience I learned where every line and dip was in the track to the point I felt I could do it blinded and just by the feel in my ass. Racing success is based on immense knowledge of tiny details.

ions said:
In my short karting experience I learned where every line and dip was in the track to the point I felt I could do it blinded

Interesting. To anyone watching my short karting experience it would look like I was driving blinded.

Back