• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Bonjour

7hm

kickbox
Yeah... I don't normally post in member introductions, but what the hell, why not. I don't normally post in forums at all without knowing most of the participants beforehand, so it seems as if today is a day for trying new things.

A bit about myself... hmmm. I'm young, a male, and very much a lover of books (though I guess my being here would lead one to that conclusion without my having to say it). Ever since my childhood I've been found to have books in my hands. Since becoming an adult and having to make my way in the world, I've wavered from at times throwing books and all they mean to me aside to appear more "manly" (or rather, to not appear overly intelligent, as I've found that doesn't really appeal to most people), to going on spending binges at bookstores and racking up quite large credit card bills. This is one of those spending binge occasions.

As for what I read, anything. I'll read the back of a cereal box if that's all I have at hand. I do prefer certain genres though, depending on my mood. I was once a huge fan of fantasy and science fiction novels, and though I don't read them much anymore I guess I still have something of a soft spot for them. At the moment I'm trying to get through a pile of books I bought at a quaint old bookstore downtown, including the six volumes of "The Memoires of Jaques Casanova".

My life is defined by print. Since I honestly did not know so many other people seemed to have the same reading habits as me, or at least the same need to read, it's kind of a relief to find a site like this. Anyway that's me in a nutshell.

Hi 7hm! Welcome to the forum!
You will find many people who have the same passion for reading!
I am sure you will have a great time here :)

Back