• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Book/Author Discussions

rune

Would visitors to this forum like to vote and discuss on specific books, say one a month :)

The main book discussions for the site arent alway a sci fi/fantasy book.

So I thought it would be nice for us to choose our own for this forum :D

I'm not sure I quite understand. Will this be like our own battle of the books? That could be fun. But if it's just a case of voting for a book to talk about, then I don't see the point. You can just start a thread on any book you want anyway, and if people have read it they'll join in. Unless you mean that we vote for a book and then read it and discuss it, but that's just another reading group and we already have one of those. It's still early for me, and I'm feeling simple, so can I have a bit more explanation please? :confused:

If it's a big book fight, I'd like to see Jane Austen kick the Bronte sisters' arses.

I've tried posting messages before about books and not always been successful in getting a discussion going.

So I thought we could have a monthly vote on books to discuss that we all decide on and that way more members will get involved.

The reading group on the website cover all genre's. But I was thinking of a reading group just for sci fi-fantasy in this section :D

Ahh, ok. Well, I like my sci fi and my fantasy, so I'll volunteer myself to your cause. So I take it we'll nominate books, have a vote, have a read then have a rant?

rune said:
I've tried posting messages before about books and not always been successful in getting a discussion going.
Maybe you've chosen books that noone else have read? :p

Seriously, I also miss a decent book discussions here. So far, the best I've had was on a fantasy/sci fiction bbook, Dune. And that was an awfully long time ago. :(

Idun said:
Maybe you've chosen books that noone else have read? :p

I think that's the point ;)

Anyway, I'm interested sure, hpoefully this will be a chance for us all to discover some lesser known authors.

Oh, oh, me! I know what you mean ... generally what happens when I post is that no one ever replies and it just sort of fades away, old and stale, like ... a triscuit that is the last in the box when someone forgot to close the lid. I love to discuss books, but I seem to be reading books that no one else has opinions on ... I will volunteer to read and discuss a book!

If a thread is started on an author I know, or a book I've read then I'll join in. If a thread is started on a book I've never read then there isn't much that I can bring to the discussion. And I would imagine it's the same for other members. In those cases, you might be better off expressing your opinions on the book in the form of a review and wait for the rest of us to catch up with you.

Great to see some members are interested, and others will get involved in the threads for voting and then the discussions :)

I'll start a thread off to ask members for their votes :D

Vote for August Book Discussion

I know this is late for doing this, but we have to start somewhere. In future I'll get a thread up quicker for voting for the next months book discussion :D
Hopefully this month we can get a book chosen with the next couple of weeks.

I think everyone should be able to nominate 2 Books max for each months vote OR of course 2nd someone elses nomination. The book with the most votes is choosen for discussion :)

Should be simple enough (she says :D )

Here are my two nominations -

The Weavers of Saramy - Chris Wooding
War For The Oaks - Emma Bull

:)

Vote for August Book Discussion

please see new thread for voting for this months book :)

Back