• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Book files

Thelma

I was wondering....do you keep a record of what you're reading? I mean it sometimes happens that you forget many things from a book you read years ago even if you liked it. When I borrow a book and I like something in it very much, a passage, I copy it . I used to keep notebooks of my readings and some of my own books have my observations on the pages.
What about you? Have you ever written down something you liked from a book? And I don't mean for studying purposes, just for your own pleasure... :rolleyes:
And I think it's a pity we forget books as it is a pity we are not able to read all the books we would like to read in a lifetime.

I don't but I keep meaning to. It's a great idea and would be wonderful to flick back the pages of the years and read of those passages and thoughts of things you like again :)

Same here - I don't, but I keep meaning to.
writing.gif

I have started keeping a list of books that I have read, this year.

booknotes

I never used to, but I have a terrible memory and always forget the names of authors that I like, so I started last year. I have one of those little 'booknotes' books that suggest things to record like your wishlist, books read, books borrowed and lent and favourite quotes. Now I just have to remember to write in it. :eek:

I've been keeping track of books I've read since 1997 and of movies since 2004. It's so much fun. You can fresh up your memory at any time!

I have been keeping track of what I've read since 1999. All I have is a journal in which I write the title and author when I have finished a book. I can usually remember if I likes an author simply by seeing the name.

I've recently started a list of which books I've read. I know there are good books not on the list, but I'm sure I'll get back to re-reading them sometime. I usually start with a list of books I own. Once I'm done reading those, I'll put an asterisk next to them...What I really need is a bookshelf. I place my books on top of my dresser. :rolleyes:

Thelma said:
...I mean it sometimes happens that you forget many things from a book you read years ago even if you liked it.
I'm *always* like this - my memory isn't that good, and if you don't remember what the story is about and what you learnt from it, what's the point right? Well, while I don't record down what I've read in a given year, a list of all the books I have will give me a fairly good indication of what I've read or not read yet. This is possible for me because I don't borrow from the library since I-don't-know-how-long.

ds

I have a very good system in all the books I have ever read. It is called a Library or Study room in our house. My parents still have the very first book I read and my first writings. Now days when I buy a book I put it up on the shelf after done reading. I have found out what my taste are by the subject matter I am after. I highlight the good parts of book or underline. In the front of the book I put the date I started or purchased it. Some books refer to others and those are the ones I seek after to follow the chain. It seems to me I have read alot a whole room full. I have to keep going back and re reading some of the things I once knew. A refreashers course

good afternoon!!
I started last year to keep track of the books I read. It's really cool. And i have a crush on every paragraph, which is written in latin! I mostly copy them and try to translate them!
bye

I didn't but I think I'll start. It would be nice to have a journal with your most favorite paragraphs. Seem to find that I read something nice, and then forget what it was :(

Back