• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Book Group Titles

lionsroar13

I am a member of the "Lifelong Readers Group" at my local library. Our group meets from Sept through May and its coming up on time to nominate new titles for the next session. We each nominate 2 titles then rank our choices and the top ranked choices are our list for next time. We have approx. 20 members and they range in age from 20's to over 60's.
My problem is I dont know what to nominate this time:confused: . We have read "classics" like Anna Karenina and newer non-fiction like Mornings on Horseback, so our list is extremely varied. Last time I nominated The Speed of Dark hoping to get some spirited discussion going but it wasnt chosen:( .
Does anyone have suggestions? Please not too long (Anna was a killer to finish) but any genre. I was thinking maybe The Book Thief and...................:confused:

I belong to two book groups. One reads classics and the other one a variety of books, many newer.

The classics groups reads longer works, like Middlemarch and Bleak House, but we need to take several sessions per book.

The other group has recently enjoyed such books as The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night, The Life of Pi, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn and Shaw's Saint Joan.

Back