• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Book industry sales are good no?

I like this bit:

So not only are unit sales down, but with the deep discounting, the amount received is going to be down as well. And if that weren't enough, on Christmas eBooks outsold print books, and free eBooks now constitute the majority of eBook bestsellers.

Will be interesting to see how this industry is shaped in the coming decade. I prefer a real book compared to an ebook, but not everyone shares my opinion.

Also, I am curious about the effects of websites like amazon and half on the brick and mortar stores. I can't remember the time I paid full price for a book. I still like to browse borders and barnes and noble, but usually I write down the ISBN number and order it online for a fraction of the price.

The only physical bookstore that I spend money at these days is the Dollar Bookstore where they have used copies of everything for $1. My entire lifestyle has shifted to be more frugal in this economy I suppose.

Definitely its good to sell books online. I think it is the easier way to get books of your requirement of your choice.

Great comments John & Butcher.:flowers:

After I posted the initial post in this thread, I thought that it was somewhat contradictory that things would be great for the industry, all the while, Borders and other brick & mortars are closing up shop. Upon subsequent thought it appears that the industry is doing fine, the only thing that is substantially changing is HOW people purchase their books.

Back