• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

book lover from canada

I live in Montreal,Canada and we have just suffered a lengthy period of -30C temperatures so needless to say that I have spent a lot of time indoors reading.Currently I am reading book two of The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan.
I read all types of books except for romance novels and biographies but my
favorites are fantasy, sci-fi and mysteries although I also enjoy books on history and some old classics like The Count of Montecristo and anything written by Mark Twain and I am a big fan of Dorothy Parker.

Very nice to meet you, CMM, or should I just call you Miaow?

I, too, am a big Mark Twain fan and I love Mrs. Parker. What's your fave Twain? I really like Pudd'nhead Wilson.

Hello & welcome CMM. I love your city AND the tradition of your hockey team. Stay warm!!!

Bill

Welcome :)

I'm new here myself. I hope you enjoy :)

-30? So cold that even your penguin will freeze. Damn penguins...

regards
Wabbit

Welcome to the Boards, CCM! You'll find us a friendly bunch of booklovers!

Cheers, Martin :D

My local team are the Guildford Flames <snigger> I even went to see them once ... and they won as well!!

Phil

I’ve never made it to the Guildford rink, but I’ve seen the junior teams play at various other rinks in the country.

Incidentally, does anyone know of any novels based around Ice Hockey? I have a set of kids’ books that a relative brought back from Canada (written by Matt Christopher), but I’ve never come across adult hockey novels.

Third Man Girl

And a hello from me as well! Ok, in F, just how cold is -30C? Yeah, I'm an American.

I also enjoyed The Count of Montecristo. I recently watched the movie as well. Love them swordfights. I go to a few Ren Faires and my daughter is interested in joining the swordfighting teams. She has to be 16 though to get into the training.

Gotta be careful finding those conversion sites - went looking for acres to square feet conversion and found much naked boobage. Very not good, since I was at work.

Back