• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Book of the Month Jan-Jun 2004

I agree!!!!

:eek:

What about Roddy Doyle? "The Commitments, The Snapper, the Van".

I haven't read the books, but the films are great!

:D

Hobitten

Colin Bateman is a good contemporary Irish author. His books are darkly humourous. If you're looking for a non-taxing read

I'd recommend "Divorcing Jack" or "The cycle of Violence"

My suggestions:

"Interpreter of Maladies" by Jhumpa Lahiri Since it is a collection it will be interesting to compare favorites.

"The Knight of Maison Rouge" by Alexandre Dumas. You gotta love Dumas

For May perhaps we could have "Ruby Fruit Jungle" by Rita MAE Brown...

Fantastic book, but tenuous "may" link there from the sausage!

It's a beautiful thing, a VERY good deal on ebay b/c a very few of the volumes are missing. Something like 45 of a set of 48 from 1896. Most of the pages aren't even cut.

have May and June been sorted out?

Have finals at end of April, so avoiding reading 'til May/June where possible - would be nice to know what to order from Amazon in the meantime

We still need suggestions for May & June.

How about War and Peace which Murphyz is going to be reading? We'd probably be best having that as May AND June's read!

and before you all groan...think yourselves lucky I said I was reading War and Peace and not the old and new testaments of the Bible: King James version. :D

Good idea Darren...moral support from a group is good for a book this huge.

And as for July...anyone read A Suitable Boy? :p

Mxx

murphyz said:
And as for July...anyone read A Suitable Boy? :p
Got it sitting on my to read pile at the moment, so I'll certainly join in with that. Not sure it's quite thick enough though. :)

Darren Lewis said:
We still need suggestions for May & June.

How about War and Peace which Murphyz is going to be reading? We'd probably be best having that as May AND June's read!

I am with you on War and Peace. I read it 5-6 years ago, and wouldn't mind reading it again.

A Suitable Boy for July. Just the thing to bring along on your hols.

Hobitten

Back