• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Book Recommendation: Current Events and Political Climate

staceass

With things going generally bonkers lately in the middle east and so on, i've been feeling decidedly inadequate as far as my understanding of the history and scope of the latest conflict. I would like to address the issue by picking up a couple books that could reasonably 'bring me up to speed', but i'm afraid of picking up the wrong one.

i want something relatively neutral politically, but i am at loss. nothing seems neutral these days, after all, not even the news.

topic of choice: history of the isreali/palestinian conflict, and american foreign policy in regards to that end specifically. a hot-button issue to be sure ;)

if anybody has anything they might suggest, i would greatly appreciate it.

thanks.

I recently read Albert Hourani's History of the Arab Peoples and liked it very much. It's not exactly the subject you asked but it's close. It covers the Arab-Israeli conflict neutrally(and I say that as an Israeli :)) but doesnt devote a lot of pages to it.

Btw, i'd reccomend you to read a bit on the issue on wikipedia first, to get a bird's eye view before delving into the details.

thanks for the suggestions.
i've read the wikipedia article already, and that's actually what lead me to wanting a proper book on the subject. on such a big topic, it was a bit too 'birds eye' to really be enough for me.

Back