• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Book-Report on Jane Austen’s “Pride and Prejudice”.

Leonardo

I am in serious need of help and opinions on Jane Austen’s “Pride and Prejudice”for a book-report. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Seeing as how I am far too behind schedule and far too slothful to actually tackle reading the book by the due date of this book-report, October the 20th, I am seeking assistance through the wonder that is the Internet. Hopefully one of you will be so kind as to guide me through this particular assignment.

What I need from you? (Assuming that you’re kind enough to help me out.)

I’m really not asking for much. Anyone who has read the book would be more than able to conjure something up fairly quick.
This is not an ordinary book report. It is to be illustrated through a project that involves a cereal box. On this alleged cereal-box, I am required and have been instructed to complete/provide the following.

A list of the main characters. I am to list the main characters and write a sentence about each one. Then describe the setting (place and time).

Write a summary of the book. Describe the main conflict and the resolution.

I will be eternally grateful for any and all assistance I receive before Tuesday, October 20th.

You're certainly honest about needing help, but I'm not going to do your homework for you. I suggest you try reading the book or at least a decent chunk of it. You've got plenty of time - October 20th isn't until Thursday.

Leonardo said:
Seeing as how I am far too behind schedule and far too slothful to actually tackle reading the book by the due date of this book-report, October the 20th, I am seeking assistance through the wonder that is the Internet.
How can you admit that and still expect people to assist you in this??! If you're too lazy to do a simple assignment, which actually sounds like fun, how do you ever expect to get anywhere in life? Do you realise that you are cheating by asking for help like this? Do you intend to do this for the rest of your life, going through taking credit for other peoples actions? That sounds pretty pathetic in my opinion.

Sorry if this comes off harshly, but you've got to take responsibility for your life and learn to do your own work if you ever want to get anywhere.

Unfortunately for you, I'm sure that your teacher isn't an idiot. For this reason he/she would recognise that this isn't your work. Teachers are good at that.

Start reading the book. It won't take you long to get to know who the main characaters are and the setting is described throughout, so that should be easy too.

As for the summary of the book, have you tried reading the introduction, at least? That should help you a little.

Pride and Prejudice is the story of Mr and Mrs Bennet, their only daughter, the shy and quiet Elizabeth, and the various romantic adventures at their London residence. The parents' characters are greatly contrasted: Mrs Bennet being a wise and witty lady; while Mr Bennet is permanently distracted by the issue of marrying off his daughter at any cost. The reason for Mr Bennet's obsession is that their estate will pass by law after Mr Bennet's death to his closest blood relative: his cousin, the Reverend William Collins (a fatuous, tactless and pompous man). Austen's tale is spurred on by the arrival of the young and wealthy bachelor Fitzwilliam Darcy and his friend Charles Bingley. It is the story of the various affections, affectations and engagement shenanigans that develop due to Mr Bennet's relentless matchmaking and the dashing Bingley's tempestuous relationship with Elizabeth Bennet who Jane Austen claimed was favourite amongst her literary offspring.

Pride and Prejudice is the story of Mr and Mrs Punnet, and their only son, Rodger who goes about wooing the ladies although they have secret suspicions that he's only doing it to impress his parents but is secretly more interested in boys. Of course, in such a time period such dark attractions would be frowned upon so they seek to help their son, Rodger, to leave the country to head to Africa where the people there are more sexually ambiguous.

Zolipara's summary is good but not quite complete. Here is a complete Dramatis Personae:

Bogg-Ryder; the warrior Queen of Zlup, the swamp planet
Brel-Limial; a terrifying troll prince from the Kingdom of Tyrethia
The Praelector; a mysterious avian lizard with nought but trouble on his mind
Gaxor the Replicant King; evil incarnate, and a planet-hopping madman!
Trels Gapplethorn; a civil servant from the snow planet, JUkl
Blei-dorian; a jester who knows more than he is comfortable with
Jug Jug Makkle-Trat; a slave trader, but actually a good man
Sillykillybillywigg; a sex crazed flying ant with a clown's face
Alamao; the Chief of Gregoria
Krissie; Alamao's daughter and the lover of Huth (dissident from the planet Tadot, above)
Sia'znai; a Blaartian handmaiden
The Kuttah; a perverse gas in almost human form
Spup; a whistleblower to the Blaartian ruling Council
Frek Necktuck; the Chancellor of the Blaartian ruling Council
Mnememnmn; the Leader of the Blaartian ruling Council

Just you go out skateboarding, or whatever it is you kids do, and we'll handle your homework. When you're flipping burgers, don't worry, just you sleep in, and we'll flip burgers for you.

Shade said:
Zolipara's summary is good but not quite complete. Here is a complete Dramatis Personae:

Bogg-Ryder; the warrior Queen of Zlup, the swamp planet
Brel-Limial; a terrifying troll prince from the Kingdom of Tyrethia
The Praelector; a mysterious avian lizard with nought but trouble on his mind
Gaxor the Replicant King; evil incarnate, and a planet-hopping madman!
Trels Gapplethorn; a civil servant from the snow planet, JUkl
Blei-dorian; a jester who knows more than he is comfortable with
Jug Jug Makkle-Trat; a slave trader, but actually a good man
Sillykillybillywigg; a sex crazed flying ant with a clown's face
Alamao; the Chief of Gregoria
Krissie; Alamao's daughter and the lover of Huth (dissident from the planet Tadot, above)
Sia'znai; a Blaartian handmaiden
The Kuttah; a perverse gas in almost human form
Spup; a whistleblower to the Blaartian ruling Council
Frek Necktuck; the Chancellor of the Blaartian ruling Council
Mnememnmn; the Leader of the Blaartian ruling Council

A good summary Shade. Combining our two posts will surely get him an A.

Back