• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Book Title:From A to Z

Yep, cos I'm a moderator so I make the rules, so there! :D
Well, in all the games like this I've ever played, it's been fine to ignore "the" or "a", as these are not included when putting books in alphabetical order anyway. :) (Not unless you're a hopeless librarian, that is.) ;)

Caught ya!!! Comment without playing! What's the punishment boys and girls for a moderator who doesn't play by the rules?

Enimal Farm, George Orwell (I loved the book, I just finished it!)

ds

p.s. Sigh. Okay, didn't think I would get away with it. My book then: Eon, by Greg Bear.

Dammit! Er, I refer you to sentence one of my previous post. *think I just got away with that*

(The) Novice - Trudi Canavan.

Oh no you don't! I'm chewing and not letting go! Bribe me and I'll be quiet.

What??? Another 'E'? Is this a ploy? Eternity, Greg Bear.

ds

What kind of bribe were you thinking of? And of course the "e"s are a ploy - I'm making it as difficult as possible for you. :p "Y"? You git! Er...

(A) Young Man's Passage - Julian Clary (it's true!) :eek:

I'm hungry, broke, underpaid and sad. Think of something or I'll starting singing!

Exile, RA Salvatore! Haha, two can play at that game!

ds

Ha, I was prepared for that "e" - one quick trip to Amazon turns up:

Eternity - Maggie Shayne. :p

And I don't think I'll bother with the bribe after all - I want to hear you sing! I could do with a laugh. :D

1. That was a different Eternity.
2. Where does it say you can't look things up at Amazon?
3. I can do whatever I want. See 2.00 PM post. :p
4. You commented without posting a book! Ha ha! :D

You didn't sing enough... I'd only just started laughing. Sing a bit more, please.

I see that my superior logic has baffled you, as you have chosen to ignore the points I made in my previous post. I must insist that you post a book beginning with "Y", or you will find yourself in contempt of er... this thread.

I only pay bribes Saturday - Wednesday, so I'm afraid that as today is Thursday, you must continue with your song.

Since we live halfway around the world, it is my duty to inform you that my part of the world is already Saturday, so you must honour your word. Moderators must do that, else my very conception of the world will unravel.

Plus because I'm kind, I will oblige the 'Y' and the song.

The Yellow Captain, Patrick O'Brian (btw, sorry I took so long, Amazon was slow as a slug with a boulder on its back)

How I wonder what you are...

ds

The point you make may be valid, (I'm too thick to work out whether you're telling the truth), but unfortunately I keep to GMT only, so it has no bearing on this. Are you unravelling yet? Only, can you please unravel in a tidy fashion, as I don't fancy clearing up after you.

Many thanks for the song, but must I really drag it out of you line by line? It's like getting blood out of a stone, as we say in these parts.

Northern Lights - Philip Pullman. There you are, I've given you a nice letter to work with. I'm such a kind person.

Of course I'm telling the truth. Didn't you mom tell you to always trust those who live 2 days away from you?

You refuse to bribe me and complain about my singing technique. What are you, Simon Cowell?

Btw, that was the last line of the song. I finished singing. If you didn't hear the rest, then it must have gotten lost in the black hole that is the web.

Sailing to Sarantium, Guy Gavriel Kay.

ds

I don't believe you about the song getting lost in the web. It sounds like a poor excuse to me. Plus, my mum told me never to trust people who look like a banana with arms and legs (I knew that advice would come in handy some day).

I most certainly am not Simon Cowell. I never wear my trousers that high.

Mortal Engines - Philip Reeve

If it had been Mortal Engine I could have hopped onto a plane and kill you.

I'm offended. You mistrusted me based on my looks! I'll have you know I was the cream of the crop (ha!) at harvest time!

Slant, Greg Bear.

I agree that 'The' shouldn't be part of the Title, but 'A' should be.

See? I'm thoughtful and witty. And I sing.

ds

I wouldn't do that to you, giving you another "e" to contend with (well, actually, I would, but I thought I'd better not risk psychopathic bananas coming to kill me).

Thaw - Stephen Bowkett

Why should "A" be part of the title, if "The" isn't? :confused:

Yes, you can be thoughtful. Yes, you are witty. Yes, you sing. But very badly.

I'm sorry, but 'psychopathic banana' and 'can be thoughtful' (instead of 'assuredly thoughtful') together in a single post is just too much. I'm ordering an EasyJet ticket as we speak. Come to the airport and make it easier for me, won't you?

War of the Worlds, HG Wells.

Is 'A' taken into account in libraries? The reason I asked was because in the TBF Top 100 List I put up I had 'The' at the back, but 'A' in front. And since nobody commented on it I must be right.

ds

Back