• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Book Title game

canuck

If this acceptable the way this works is that the name of a book is posted, with the author's name just so it's known that it really is a book, the next person picks a word out of that book title and posts the title of another book and highlights their choice and so on. You can't use the same word in the title that the person before you has highlighted and it is more challenging if you use one of the longer words rather than "a", "it" "the" etc., however if that's the only choice left so be it. Obviously books with a one word title which is highlighted leaves nothing for the person following. So maybe give it a whirl if it's o.k. with the powers that be?

First book:

The Painted House - John Grisham

ok sounds like fun ... let me see if I understand this correctly:

from "The Painted House" I need to pick one word ... and highlight it

So "The Painted House' and use that in a new book title:

"Little House on the Prairie" Laura Ingalls Wilder?

or am I supposed to highlight in the new book title?

"Little House on the Prairie" ??

ok sounds like fun ... let me see if I understand this correctly:

from "The Painted House" I need to pick one word ... and highlight it

So "The Painted House' and use that in a new book title:

"Little House on the Prairie" Laura Ingalls Wilder?

or am I supposed to highlight in the new book title?

"Little House on the Prairie" ??

You got it - next person cannot use House in the title of their book only the words that are left.

so say the next person says -

The Poky Little Puppy - Janette Sebring Lowrey

the next person can only choose 'the'; 'pokey' and 'puppy'?

That's correct. It gets to be fun when there are strange titles and you have to figure out if you know a book with any of the words in it.

Back