• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Book Title...

King Kovifor

Hi!

I started a book and I don't like the Title I picked out. It's about a guy who is creating a program to destroy the net... I chose The Programmer as the title but I don't really like it... So Help wanted. :)

Please help!

King Kovifor said:
I started a book and I don't like the Title I picked out. It's about a guy who is creating a program to destroy the net... I chose The Programmer as the title but I don't really like it... So Help wanted. :) Please help!
You don't give much, King, for one to come up with useful ideas. Perhaps you could name your book with the name of the virus. At the moment, there's a W32 virus going around, and a title like W32 could be great. Or what if the virus has a woman's name, and people think the book is about a woman, only to be pleasantly surprised by a virus program? Otherwise, don't bother too much about the title at this stage; finish the book, and a phrase, a theme, a name will stand out. Hopefully!

It's probably going to be just a start of one. I've never finished anything before. Sor here is some info:

Current Title: The Programmer
Theme: FBI agent's trying to stop the destruction of the internet
Virus/program name: None so far

Anything else I'll post it here.

Writer's Block: YES!

re:Vishnu

Vishnu as God of destruction is great idea, plus near anagram for virus. Has anyone ever written a Vampire story, with the computer as Vampire, sucking the life out of us? Hindu Gods have been used with success as part of the vampire myth, that's what led me to this thought, which is probably no help to you at all, but I thought maybe someone else would see it, and be inspired. :confused:

I also have difficulty coming up with decent titles and find it much simpler to think of one once I've finished the first draft.

I'm pretty sure that Vishnu isn't the Indian God of Destruction. I'm not an expert on the subject.

I'm fairly sure Vishnu is Preserver of the earth, God of Courage, Knowledge and Power. - thats why he is like, the main God, and symbol of Hinduism. - I didn't use the right words for that last bit. But you should get the idea...

You probably should do some research to make sure he is if you aren't sure.

If he is God of Destruction, I'm sure Vishnu will make a good title. :)

King Kovifor said:
Hi!

I started a book and I don't like the Title I picked out. It's about a guy who is creating a program to destroy the net... I chose The Programmer as the title but I don't really like it... So Help wanted. :)

Please help!

Now that's one hell of an idea for a book!! Nice one...how about E-Apocalypse

Adapting JS King's idea, surely E-pocalypse would be better? But still not very good.

How about The Olympian Pen?

Shade said:
Adapting JS King's idea, surely E-pocalypse would be better? But still not very good.

How about The Olympian Pen?

Both E-Apocalypse (sounds like The Apocalypse) and E-pocalypse sound good to me!! However, I believe 'The Olympian Pen' has already been taken

Bringing down the 'Net, huh? Sounds like a good plan with all this adware/spyware/trojan horse shit going around. The Internet is clogged with this crap and getting exponentially worse. Maybe the virus in your novel ends up not being a virus at all, but poorly written (aka expertly written) html code with the potential to blog the 'Net down to a standstill? A giant trojan horse / pop-up / page-redirection orgy. Infested. Just some ideas. If you need help with all the computer/Internet/virus mumbo-jumbo, I can somewhat act as an "expert witness" for information you may need, as I have been hacking/working with computers since I was eight, and have spent the last ten years running a business of such sort with much involment with all the crap mentioned above. I'm in bed with the Internet ('Net), you could say.

King Kovifor said:
Hi!

Please help!

did you ever decide on your title?

It's sort of hard to make suggestions to a book I've never read. I fi were you I wouldn't decide the title until the book was finished, it could be that you think of somethin as you write. usually I use a suitable song title as a working title to the story I'm writing. It's almost pointless to think of a title so early, at least in my world, I always change the whole plot and everything so that nothing turns out the way I thought it would.

No I've stayed with Vishnu for a while... I might use that unless I like one better.

I might lean towards "The Olympian Pen"!

Back