• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Books and readers

Here!, here! You sir, are an intelligent and discerning reader of the highest kind. Kudos to you. Bellow was overrated and dreadfully boring. Absolutely horrible writing. I can't tell you how many copies of Ravelstein I see in second hand shops and at goodwill.:flowers::flowers:

I have read only one book from Bellow. It was a book with several "short" stories in it. The title was something like "Him with his left foot in his mouth".
However it wasn’t boring to me.
The biggest drawback in his writing is that he diverges from the main theme too many times to tell you about something that doesn't have much to do with the original story (or at least I didn't find the direct connection). On the other hand these divergences can be interesting mini-stories (or interesting few sentences) by itself, and they add to the overall taste of the story. It depends what you expect.
I would say that he is good. Definitely above average :)

I mostly like action kind of fiction

i also like classic literature (Dickens, Bronte, etc)

p.s. Nice place with lots of shared info

:)

Back