• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Books and Wine

saliotthomas

I shall ask for understanding here for it might be a bit far fletch(as well as badly writen)

Ok then,it just came to me that there is a lot of similarity betwin literature and oenology,the first being that both are enthralling each in it's own way.

We often talk about genre in books,from the more modeste to the highly literate.And so it's is with wine,from an honest table wine to an vintage cepage.Often one can take as much pleasure from a little wine one the spot as with great wine on an occasion.I loved high literature but also enjoy a lot the simple little book of crime or fantasy.It's true that vintage wine as more complexe a rich a taste,but sometime the simpleness of a table wine,let say a cote du Rhone can be as rewarding.
Fancy wine with big names can be awfull,it as been the case with certain Bordeaux that were resting to much on their reputation.And so it is with authors with supposely great name that hold very little in reality.
Another comparaison reside in tricks,for a while one could see everywhere the "oak cask"on labels.It brought to the wine this artificial taste,that certain personnes mistaken for quality.That analogy is i think obvious with attitudes certain writers takes to gimmick deepness and cleverness by artificial means(paolo Cuehlo come to mind)

Thats it for the monent but i'm sure some will come with coment of there own.Thanks for your patience.

Back