• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Books as gifts

I suppose this thread could be used to list the books we received for Christmas as well. I only got two this year (so far):

Flanimals by Ricky Gervais
The Boleyn Inheritance by Philippa Gregory

wow, who are you giving Les Miserables to? I'm trying to get throught it, but the book weighs about 5 pounds. It's taking me a while, because I try to read about 20 pages a day(I can't exactly lug it around everywhere. It's not The Count of Monte Cristo).

wow, who are you giving Les Miserables to? I'm trying to get throught it, but the book weighs about 5 pounds. It's taking me a while, because I try to read about 20 pages a day

A friend gave me a copy for Christmas; it wasn't a gift I picked out for someone. Anyway I have yet to start reading Les Miserables. As interested as I am in reading it, the size of the book is making me slightly nervous ;).

it kind of is interesting, then gets dull, then interesting again. don't try to read only that book and nothing else at the same time, you'll just give up.

I ALWAYS give books for Christmas, usually to each member of my family.

I got the new Mitch Albom book for my dad.
Copy of Midsummer Night's Dream for my step dad.
Secret Life of Bees for my mom.

Can't remember the titles we bought for in laws and nieces and nephews.

I received The Green Mile set and 2 Buddhism books- and lots of cash which I plan to spend at Borders!

Back