• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Books by Richard Matheson...

Bountyhunter

Anybody ever read any? My friend read, I Am Legend, and he said it was awesome. I bought, Hunted Past Reason, also by Richard Matheson for about $2. But the reviews on Barnes and Noble.com kind of discouaged me from reading it. So, I don't know, but I'm sort of leaning towards, 7 Steps to Midnight. Not sure, can anybody recommend anything by him? :) thanks!

I've read I Am Legend and it's an excellent book. Very original take on the vampire theme. I've not read any of his other books though, so I can't comment on those. Soz.

i know Legend has been called a vampire novel, Matheson called them vampires in the book, but i would characterize it more like a zombie story. the prototype zombie story, really. unless you buy the allegory of race, and then it's a civil rights story, (with a happy ending!) but don't let any of that stop you from reading it, it's a classic.
and read The (Incredible) Shrinking Man, too. lots of allegory there. it's all about shrinking. you have to be secure in your manhood to read it.

Back