• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Books for crimbo?

Are you getting/giving books for crimbo?

• Total voters

Wabbit

I was wondering how many of you are gong to get books for Xmas or give books as a gift to others?

Normally, every crimbo, I get books! People either get me books or they give me money and I go and buy books :D I will prob get at least one or two this year. Normally I would get more but there are a few other electronice items I am looking at.

Soooo... How about you? Are you getting or giving books for Crimbo!!??

... at least, not that I know of. With money being kind of tight at the moment, I can't see spending the money on books when I can get them at the library. Can't see asking anyone else to spend their money on books for me either. :D

Defy Books for crimbo

Yes I'm buying my friends books, as three wanted to borrow my
'Blindness' by Jose Saramgo....won't part with it, its staying on my book shelf.
I hate to part with books I love, (Am I mean?) also its saved the what to get them for Christmas :) tis that and a box of choc's...

Also hoping to get a book or two am droping little :D hints so really hope so .

nx5eh

Delta_doh! said:
Yes I'm buying my friends books, as three wanted to borrow my
'Blindness' by Jose Saramgo....won't part with it, its staying on my book shelf.
I hate to part with books I love, (Am I mean?) also its saved the what to get them for Christmas :) tis that and a box of choc's...

Also hoping to get a book or two am droping little :D hints so really hope so .

nx5eh

Its not being mean.The times I have loaned books out and not had the returned. I also hate having to chase people up to get them back. I'm not keen on getting them back damaged either. In fact I have just realised that I am a bit "anally retentive" in regards to my books??
Not sure if Santa will bring me any.Hopefully though!!
:D

I hope that I get books for christmas, only problem is that those who are going to by me presents don't see books as a great gift :( . They actually go to great lenghts to find me presents that has nothing to do with books.
This year I hope that they realise that books are the best gift or I'm going to give them socks every christmas from now on.

Hay

I'll be giving lots of books for christmas - I'm sort of the person in charge for keeping most of the family in books. Going to try to resist getting more for me though, my TBR pile is HUGE.

Of course, if some person were to shop for a few off of my Amazon wish list, that would be OK . . . :)

I like to get gift certificates for bookstores for Christmas. My absolute favorite present! I love to wander around for hours, trying to find just the right thing to fill my gift.

Of course, EVERYBODY I know will be getting a book for Christmas -- mine!! :D It's out on December 1st, so it's going in a lot of boxes as stocking stuffers!

Cathy
(PS -- SillyWabbit, never heard the slang "crimbo." Where's it originate??)

Normally i specifically request NO BOOKS for xmas. I always end up getting them, but they're never the sort i want to read.

This year i've given up and sent a list of books i want to my familly, with links to their amazon pages, so there can be no confusion. :)

Would like to buy books as gifts, but doubt they would be be appreciated :(

I'm giving books to my kids and my DH for Christmas. I love to give books, and get books, too. I even got myself some books for DH to help the kids wrap. Not really buying anything for the rest of my relatives (money is too tight, and I like to make stuff), instead the children and I are going to bake and give packets of homemade cookies.

I'll be giving books this year, but I rarely get books. I usually either already have it, or it is something I'm not interested in reading.

Cathy C said:
(PS -- SillyWabbit, never heard the slang "crimbo." Where's it originate??)

It's British slang for Christamas! :)

cajunmama said:
I'm giving books to my kids and my DH for Christmas. I love to give books, and get books, too. I even got myself some books for DH to help the kids wrap. Not really buying anything for the rest of my relatives (money is too tight, and I like to make stuff), instead the children and I are going to bake and give packets of homemade cookies.

Things that you make are better than things you can buy. To buy something is easy, to make something is really a gift of the heart. I'm sure everybody will appreciate your made gifts! :)

Yobmod said:
This year i've given up and sent a list of books i want to my familly, with links to their amazon pages, so there can be no confusion. :)

I do the same, if people don't know what to buy for me, or don't have a clue about books. I only write the title of the book and author though, no amazon links.. :p

cajunmama, what kind of homemade cookies? :D I would have loved it, if there were a lot of chocoloate bits in my cookies, if I were one of the gift-receivers. ;)

cajunmama said:

Yeah, a few years I did the baking routine. We had a garden with lots of squashes so we did pumpkin bread and zucchini bread, canned dill pickles and jellies (including orange marmalade from my husband's aunt's orchard) and lots of cookies. Chocolate chip, my Grandma's Czech sugar cookies, and my other Grandma's famous thumbprint cookies were the favorites. I got exhausted from the effort a couple of years in a row, so I stopped. But now nobody wants store-bought gifts and complains about "no cookies"... :( :D

I'm sure the cookies will be a big hit. We plan on making at least six different kinds and giving everyone a variety. Chocolate chip, of course, sugar cookies, cinnamon cookies (they look like flat, crispy cinnamon rolls), and some more that we haven't decided on yet. I have to pull out my recipe cards. :eek: I'm not too worried about getting exhausted, I have four helpers! :D I might give pickles and jam, too, if I have the time to make the jam!

Back