• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Books on bikes program

SFG75

Read about it, what an innovative idea! Not sure if it's the best way to catch the 20+ demographic, but perhaps they are out and about playing frisbee-golf and power walking to starbucks.

Hey anything innovative and out-of-the-box thinking to get books in people's hands is a good idea for me.

People don't read enough and when they do read they don't read enough good books.

Did you know, some years back, and I honestly can't remember his name, but there was some chappie who suggested that we toss out most of the education system and simply require children to read, that simply by reading they would acquire sufficient knowledge and interest in things to want to explore them further and that when they came and asked about things, that is when further knowledge should be presented to them.

Interesting concept. Sounds much better than the dysfunctional system of outcomes based education we have now.

This concept reminds me of the librarians who used to ride a circuit. I read a book about them somewhat recently (3ish months).

Back