• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Books on gender communications

latenight

I'd like to read some books on gender communications and i'm male and would like to communicate well with the opposite sex....So any good reads out there as far as you can think of?....Especially i'd like to *understand* those rules played by women, their ways of thinking and communicating and values that might be different from men's....non-fiction or fiction alike....Give me a shot, would you?....:)

Deborah Tannen

I'd like to read some books on gender communications and i'm male and would like to communicate well with the opposite sex

I very much enjoyed Deborah's Tannen's You Just Don't Understand about communication and mis-communication between the sexes. This is not a how-to, but her analysis of what people say versus what people mean is very helpful when you are puzzled about just what is going on and why the other person doesn't get it.

She has written other books also, but I don't remember their titles.

I'd like to read some books on gender communications and i'm male and would like to communicate well with the opposite sex....So any good reads out there as far as you can think of?....Especially i'd like to *understand* those rules played by women, their ways of thinking and communicating and values that might be different from men's....non-fiction or fiction alike....Give me a shot, would you?....:)

A book won't help you understand that. Only experience will help you.

Back