• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

books on hols...

Turbocat

kickbox
Just got back from Goa, whilst away read;

Wicked-Gregory Macguire
No Logo- Naomi Klein
The Alchemist- Paulo Coelho
Cat Confidential- Vicky Halls

let me know if you have read any of these and your thoughts...

i was told not to bother with 'The Alchemist' and i have to say was very disappointed!!!

any books to recommend?

The only one I read was Wicked. I liked the book well enough, although I probably would have enjoyed it more had I read some of the original Oz stories. I do think it's Maguire's best work, but only because Lost had a weak ending and Mirror Mirror was so boring.

I also read Wicked. It was pretty interesting but a little too slow for my tastes. I'd give it a three out of five; it's not what it's hyped up to be.

I can't believe I'm about to say this. But I enjoyed Wicked the musical SOOO much more than the book. The musical is so amazingly beautiful.

I've only read Wicked. I agree, a little slow to be absolutely engrossing, but interesting enough. I'd love to see the musical sometime, though.

ohhh!! i went to Goa too!!

(all around India, too)

I read:
Chocolat
Promise me - Harlan Coben
Man walks into a room - Nicole Krausse
Holy Cow - Sarah someone..

where did you stay in goa? pm me
lani

The only one I read was Wicked. I liked the book well enough, although I probably would have enjoyed it more had I read some of the original Oz stories. I do think it's Maguire's best work, but only because Lost had a weak ending and Mirror Mirror was so boring.

i quite enjoyed it but i agree, was also thinking that i should read more of the Oz books!

Back