• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Books that you wished they made into a movie?

I'd have to say The Da Vinci Code. :D .JUST KIDDING!!!! Maybe I just have this book in my head because I just finished it but I would have to say Sophie's World.......

pillars of the earth by ken follett would be a great miniseries. it's far too long to be a movie. and i think on another thread someone mentioned that brad and jen had the rights to the time travellers wife. so if nothing else their divorce means they won't be starring in it, thank god!!!!

Sophie's World I read that for AP senior English, and it's the only book that I ever enjoyed reading in high school that was assigned. I think it would be a great book to make into a movie. Great, great book!

But don't we have a thread about how almost no movie has ever been able to live up to the book? If the books you mention in this thread are made into movies don't you think you'd be very dissapointed?

jenngorham said:
pillars of the earth by ken follett would be a great miniseries. it's far too long to be a movie.
It's been a while since I read it, but you might be right.

I've thought this about lots of books, but I'll have to try and remember them. Having just finished the Black Magician trilogy by Trudi Canavan, I would definitely suggest them.

Motokid said:
But don't we have a thread about how almost no movie has ever been able to live up to the book? If the books you mention in this thread are made into movies don't you think you'd be very dissapointed?

but don't you ever catch yourself reading something and go my god this would be a great movie? i mean before the studios get a hold of it and tear it to shreds and cast brad pitt.

jenngorham said:
but don't you ever catch yourself reading something and go my god this would be a great movie? i mean before the studios get a hold of it and tear it to shreds and cast brad pitt.
Yes, but as you and Motokid said, it will never be like you imagine and the studios will tear it up. I'm always ready for disappointment when I watch a book-turned-movie, ever since I read 'The Amityville Horror' and then went to the movie. What a let down that was! :(

Chuchincakes said:
I'd have to say The Da Vinci Code. :D .JUST KIDDING!!!! Maybe I just have this book in my head because I just finished it but I would have to say Sophie's World.......
--If i'm not mistaken,I think Sony Pictures (Or Columbia)already paid Dan Brown $8M for the rights of every book that will include Robert Langdon,and for the Vinci Code, they already start shooting in Louvre Museum they prefer to shoot it on location instead of Hollywood make believe ;) and it will be release here in US May 2006.(Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon,Ron Howard is the director)

i'd like to see some Wilbur Smith books made into movies. i think i took part in the thread about how movies can't be as good as the book, but when it comes to Wilbur Smith's books (and ones similar) i don't agree. i think Monsoon could make the transition to film well, if the effort was put in.

i heard Stallone bought the rights to some Smith books years ago, so that throws the idea of them being made well out the window.

Weaveworld by Clive Barker would be a spectacular movie. I'd also like to see The Outlander by Diana Galbaldon.

The Improbable Future by Alice Hoffman. I was so excited when I saw they are actually doing it already.

Of course, I'm always dissapointed by the movie, but you never know...

Jenem said:
I'd also like to see The Outlander by Diana Galbaldon.

i think they would make a great(mini) series, they are so long and detailed and there are like 6? now. but i just know they would cast clair and jamie sooo sooo wrong. again it would be like brad pitt who would suck as jamie.

jenngorham said:
i think they would make a great(mini) series, they are so long and detailed and there are like 6? now. but i just know they would cast clair and jamie sooo sooo wrong. again it would be like brad pitt who would suck as jamie.

yeah- a miniseries is a great idea. when i was reading the book, i thought a red haired Heath Ledger would be good as Jamie. no brad pitt!! i would boycott LOL

oh yeah heath ledger. his voice slays me. who would you pick for claire. a serious but lusty blonde(was she blonde?)

Back