• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Books you didn't finish

Another one I couldn't finish was Emma. A very difficult character to like. But I suppose that is a sign of a good writer, making the reader dislike a character. I believe Jane Austen is more suitable for women readers though.

I started Monte Cristo three times, but it was so boring I could not even get 1/4 of the way through it. I've tried to read Innovation and Entrepeneurship by Peter Drucker a couple of times, but probably never even made it half way through, it was as dry as dust.

Years ago And the Ladies of the Club was the book to read. I have tried several times and just don't get it.

I could not finish The Brothers Karamazov by Dostoyevsky. I think I made it through 3/4 and had to let it go.... Actually though , looking back on it this was not really a boring author/book...It was more of my sate of mind/mood at the time. I have to say though Fyodor could write some LONG stuff! One other author which comes to mind is Joseph Conrad (just too boring of a style?)...Anyways hello to all who are wondering who the hell I am.:)

Back