• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Books you want to re-read

I reread The Great Gatsby every year. Also, some oldies but goodies like The Phantom Tollbooth and The Little Prince and Watership Down.

Ms. said:
I've decided to buy the book on this alone(well and its only 5 euro!)

Great - I hope you really enjoy it. If you do also check out "Death of a River Guide" by the same author. Very different style of book, but a good read.

i would like to read again " the unbearable lightness of being" by milan kundera and "love in the time of cholera"

ilusyonada said:
i would like to read again " the unbearable lightness of being" by milan kundera and "love in the time of cholera"
I loved "Love in the time of cholera" it was really good but somehow i felt that Marquez's last book, "The story of my sad sluts" resembled it a bit too much... i don't know, maybe it's just me but reading that book felt almost like reading an excerpt of "Love in the time of cholera"

I have already re-read many of my books, but there are many others I would still like to re-read, especially the ones I read years ago. I see a topic on them, but don't feel I can discuss the book because my memory of the details is too fuzzy. Another thing I tend to do, especially if I'm really enjoying a book, is rush through it so I can see what happens and subsequently don't really pay as much attention to detail as I should. So this, too, makes me want to re-read many books, so that I can take my time and enjoy things other than the plot, such as character development and language.

i want to re-read Lovely Bones and possibly White Oleander. only thing is that i'm more interested in reading new books rather than re-reading books and possibly "ruining" them for myself.

I recently re-read an old favourite of mine "Life and Fate" by Vasily Grossman and it's put me in the mood for re-visting a few old friends, but as ever this is balanced by the need to read new, to me at least, books.

right now i'm reading Fight Club and i can imagine myself wanting to re-read it. theres a bunch of Sarah Dessen books that i want to re-read.. i bought a copy of Sloppy Firsts and i'll re-read it before reading Second Helpings. of course every HP fan re-reads the books before the new one comes out. i actually never finished re-reading the 4th one, let alone starting the 6th one.. i've actually wanted to re-read Anne of Green Gables.. brings me back to my childhood. its a series and i dont really want to get into a series right now. theres also this one series (i forgot the name) that i'd like to read. i also want to buy a copy of My Sister's Bones.. its a great book. i've never finished Da Vinci Code, The Fountainhead, nor Fareinheit 451, so i'll probably "re-start" them...
so many books.. so little time

Geenh said:
I reread The Great Gatsby every year. Also, some oldies but goodies like The Phantom Tollbooth and The Little Prince and Watership Down.

The Great Gatsby? i read that for 10th grade english. i dont know what its about school assignments, but i generally don't want to re-read them. probably considering all the time thats spent discussing them

The little prince is grrreat. i've read it 2-3 times. i'll probably re-read it again now that i'm older.

Lolita is simply an exquisite re-read. I positively love The Little Prince, so much in fact, that I shall read my Latin copy I picked up a few months ago, but haven't had the time to translate. I also plan to re-read Isobelle Carmody's Obernewtyn series. I've just finished The Great Gatsby. I might pick it up again in a few weeks. It was surprisingly good, actually. I say surprisingly because many reviews of that book from friends weren't exactly glowing or praiseworthy.

anything written by Garth Nix deserves to be re-read....

my all time favourite book is Old Magic... i've already read it three times, and when my friends finished and gives me back my copy, i'm gonna re-read it again :p

i need to re-read LoTR.... it took me two years to read it the first time.... mainly because everytime the book got really boring (to the point where i would threaten to fall asleep), i would put it aside and go read something else... once i finally finished it, i was sorely tempted to turn back to page one and begin again... haven't done that yet, but should, eventually....

The Christmas Mystery - Jostein Gaarder

At the start of December every evening we re-read it together, my kids love it :) as its an advent calender in a story book! starts at the 1st Dec until the 24th ...
Adds to the build up and excitment of Christmas for them. But very hard not to read more than one day's at a time.

erm must admit I love it to :D

Most Stephen King books. And Pandora's Star by Peter F Hamilton, so I can refresh my memory before I pick up the sequel.

I love to re-read old friends!
Malevil by Robert Merle
The Merlin Trilogy by Mary Stewart (really anything by Stewart)
Gone With the Wind although not in about 10 years now............
Watcher in the Shadows Geoffrey Household
The Day of the Triffids John Wyndham
almost any history book

Thats just off the top of my head.............there are lots more.
Its so nice to be able to fit reading time to your mood, and be able to pick up one of the re-readables and open to any page, and just know where you are, and what happened, and what will happen.
:cool:

ive read and re-read memoirs of an unquiet mind by kay redfield jamison its really inspiring i was quite moved by her story.

I would like to re-read "The Tale of Two Cities" I was forced to read it in High school (A loooong time ago) and didn't appreciate it at all.

Back