• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Books you're never likely to see

Halo

Just a bit of fun! These are some examples of books that you're not likely to see any time soon:

"Become A More Compassionate Person" by Margaret Thatcher
"Structuring Your Book: The Importance of Chapters" by Terry Pratchett
"How To Write More Concisely" by Stephen King
"The Complete Fashion and Beauty Guide for Women" by Jo Brand.

Anyone got any more? :D

The Liza Minelli Workout Book

An Intimate Personal History of Plastic Surgery by Michele Pfeiffer

I Suck by Monica Lewinsky

Spend It or Lose It: What I Did With the Money by Ken Lay

The Kabala Zen British Sex Book for Little Girls Who Like to Shop by Madonna
(wait a sec, I think this is coming out in a month or two)

you there, are you of the impression that some people's motivation for politics is to make matters worse for a majority?

Wolhay said:
Ice, are you of the impression that some people's motivation for politics is to make matters worse for a majority?
:confused: :confused: :confused:

And,

A Treatise on the Subtext of Post-Structuralist Dichotomies in The Da Vinci Code, Read Backwards from a Neo-Feminist Perspective by Silly Wabbit :p

Halo said:
Just a bit of fun! These are some examples of books that you're not likely to see any time soon:

"Become A More Compassionate Person" by Margaret Thatcher
"Structuring Your Book: The Importance of Chapters" by Terry Pratchett
"How To Write More Concisely" by Stephen King
"The Complete Fashion and Beauty Guide for Women" by Jo Brand.

Anyone got any more? :D

lol

What a great and fun thread :)

I like yours. Very funny. Especialy the Thatcher one and Jo Brand :D

Child Care by Micheal Jackson.
How to be Sincere By Tony Blair.
Pimping out your ride for dummies by Queen Elizebeth

Wolhay said:
I'm aware that the thread travels with humour but I've seen several leftist campaigns against liberalism that claims that it's selfish.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

You know, Ice didnt ever actually post in this thread! :rolleyes:

I think you want that one, over there <points at a thread and pushes Wolhay towards it> ...

... <closes door behind him marked 'Warning, Door Locks from Outside' .... flicks lock>

Phil

Wolhay said:
I'm aware that the thread travels with humour but I've seen several leftist campaigns against liberalism that claims that it's selfish.

Why do I get the feeling this was generated by an automatic translator?

phil_t said:
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

You know, Ice didnt ever actually post in this thread! :rolleyes:
Right thread, wrong name. My browser must have had some kind of bug.

Why do I get the feeling this was generated by an automatic translator?
Because you are conservative when it comes to written expressions?

Hmmm. Maybe that's true. In any case, I can't figure out what you're referring to or what you mean. Is that because my means of expression is conservative or because your means of expression is obscure?

Where are the liberals, leftists, majorities, etc. that you refer to?

"leftist campaigns against liberalism" is rather confusing to me, as in the US leftist = liberal. That's where I get lost. Plus, I don't understand the "people's motivation for politics" phrase. Politics is such a broad term. How can one have a motivation for politics? Isn't everything public act political to some extent?

novella said:
Hmmm. Maybe that's true. In any case, I can't figure out what you're referring to or what you mean. Is that because my means of expression is conservative or because your means of expression is obscure?
My obscurity.

novella said:
"leftist campaigns against liberalism" is rather confusing to me, as in the US leftist = liberal. That's where I get lost. Plus, I don't understand the "people's motivation for politics" phrase. Politics is such a broad term. How can one have a motivation for politics? Isn't everything public act political to some extent?
I knew that North Americans had a different definition of liberals but I thought the definition of the ideology would pretty much be the same.

By motivation for politics I meant reasons why someone favours a political system. My view of it is that the majority believes that their system will be the best for the majority. Sometimes principles might be the main reason but I don't believe that there are a lot of people that advocate a system that they don't believe will be the best for a majority.

Now, if you could just tie in how this all fits into this particular thread....

I am so lost....anybody got a map?

Back on topic:

"The ABC's of a Successful Sleepover" by Michael Jackson

"How to Keep A Secret" by Paris Hilton

"Play Fair, and Just Have Fun" by Barry Bonds, Sammy Sosa, Jose Consenco(spelling?)

Back