• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Brian Jacques: Redwall

Aragorn

Does anyone else here like the Redwall series books? If not, then I really reccomend that you do.:cool:

I love Redwall and I'm very impressed with Brian Jacques. I love the details he puts into each book, and would love to attend a feast at Redwall Abbey. My kids also like his Castaways of the Flying Dutchman series, and his Seven Ghostly Tales. As good as these books are to read, the audios read by Mr. Jacques are even better. I love a certain story from Seven Ghostly Tales, it is so funny.

That's cool. I'm going to be passing down my Redwall books to my kids if I decide to have any. Also, the other books by Brian Jacques are good too.

redwall

i first read "the outcast of redwall". I was quite impressed (I must confess that I cried when a certain important character died. Won't spoil the fun saying it, thought). The thing is, I read "redwall, a tale of redwall" and it's much the same as the other one. It's entertaining but the story goes on the same lines as the outcast one. Are all of them like that? (doesn't brian make you think of phillip pullman?? they both kill nearly all their characters dramaticly...)

I remember reading some of the Redwall books a little whilke back and quite enjoying them. My spin on this is that they're targeted more towards a YA market which is fine but I'm probably after something a bit harder-edged or dark as it were. From memory my main complaint about this series was that it had a certain sameness about it after the first few books...

It's certainly a popular series for teenagers in this country.

um... I was thinking about the books in this days. They all try to imitate HarryPotter, phillip pullman and stuff. That's why I liked Redwall at first... a completly new story. Quite different from all the othrs.

nera115 said:
um... I was thinking about the books in this days. They all try to imitate HarryPotter, phillip pullman and stuff. That's why I liked Redwall at first... a completly new story. Quite different from all the othrs.
Fair point...:D

I love the first three, Redwall, Mossflower and Mattimeo, but they all get a bit samey after that, hero goes on quest while everyone else stays at home and fights enemy trying to take over etc etc... Jacques has imo never found a bad guy as bad as Cluny from the first book, so I kind of lost interest....

nera115 said:
i first read "the outcast of redwall". I was quite impressed (I must confess that I cried when a certain important character died. Won't spoil the fun saying it, thought). The thing is, I read "redwall, a tale of redwall" and it's much the same as the other one. It's entertaining but the story goes on the same lines as the outcast one. Are all of them like that? (doesn't brian make you think of phillip pullman?? they both kill nearly all their characters dramaticly...)
They are all different. There is nothing the same about any of the Redwall books, except that some only have one or two of the same characters.

I read the first book about a year ago, I enjoyed it much then ran out and got the next five books and have yet to start the second one.

redwall!
I love my redwall books and made a point of buying them all in hardback and paperback... obsessive, I know. I read them all during grade school but I haven't read any of brian jacques' other books. I plan on giving mine to any kids I may have. I tried to get my brother to read them (he was never much of a reader) but he found his niche in science fiction.
I think there's a redwall television show, but I don't know how closely it follows the books or even if it runs in america, which might be why I've never seen it.:)

i absolutly LOVE the series...so many books w/ fantasy genre are coming out and really most will admit that a lot are well...copies or just plain pathetic. its hard to find truly well written books...anyways yeah i love the series they are some of my favorites! also castaways of the flying dutchman series is AMAZING! especially the angels command. havnt read voyage of slaves yet. heard a new redwall book is coming out soon- 'Eulalia'

Read "Martin The Warrior," enjoyed it, tried "Legend of Luke," bored me to tears, tried four other Redwall novels, gave up. I guess his books were better back when I was in sixth grade. Seventh and up they just had no wings.

I bought a Redwall book from the Goodwill last year, Marlfox, but I haven't had the chance to get the other books from the library to read and know what's going on before I reach my own book. It's been a series that I've been quite interested in reading for some time.

Back