• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Brideshead Revisited

Wells83

I believe it comes out in theaters tomorrow. I have yet to read the book but I have it, so I'm going to attempt to read it ASAP so I can see the movie while it's still in theaters.

Anyone else seeing it? Let us know how it is. :flowers:

Did you see the series on television? It was very good, but some critics felt that it misrepresented the book. I read the book so many years ago that my memories are both vague and overlaid by the TV images.

I expect to go around again any day now.

By the way, if you read only Brideshead Revisited you get a very different impression of Waugh than if you read his satirical novels like A Handful of Dust and Scoop.

Thanks silverseason--I'll look into those.

I have never seen the miniseries but I think I'll check and see if my local library has it, as I've heard great things about it. My local newspaper today said that, while the movie is good, it cut out a lot of the novel, whereas the miniseries stayed truer to the book.

Back