• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Broken-hearted

Roni

Have you ever felt blue because of meaningless love? What do you do when your beloved man/woman hurts your feelings, dupes you and leaves you for another person?Do you think is it the end of the world?
Loss of love can drastically undermine self-confidence...Do you agree?

Roni said:
Have you ever felt blue because of meaningless love? What do you do when your beloved man/woman hurts your feelings, dupes you and leaves you for another person?Do you think is it the end of the world?

Hmmmmmm, well, can't say that I've had that problem as of late. When it comes to dating, you just need to think that it's a form of "musical chairs." Whether you are treated nicely or not, if it's not meant to be, it's not meant to be. Better to be hurt now than being hurt when you've been married for twenty years, had kids, are in deep debt, and THEN you find out that it was all for a lie. Look at it from the "it could be worse" angle. :)

There's always tomorrow as well Roni. Hang in there. :)

Roni said:
You simply have to work your way through it. There is no secret solution for a broken heart except time, and time goes slowly. If a person has not experienced it I seriously doubt whether they can give meaningful advice, IMHO. :)

I'm still young free and single and just dont tend to take any "love" stuff too seriously. It works for me. People come and go and the way I see it it theres no point in getting too worked up about it.

Family and friends are always there for you but romantic attachments, enjoyable as they can be, are less important to me than family and friends. at this stage of my life at least.

Being broken-hearted does make you feel really down and blue.But thats part and parcel of loving another person that does not love you! If things dont work out it hurts like crazy but you live with it,and get on with your life!

ruby said:
Being broken-hearted does make you feel really down and blue.But thats part and parcel of loving another person that does not love you! If things dont work out it hurts like crazy but you live with it,and get on with your life!
... and you start over this search for love.

love

Thank you for your intresting replies. I just do not understand how I could like so much a man, who was just the opposite of me. He used obscene language, came from poor family, was uneducated, vas extremely extrovert and constantly critised everyone. He was very satisfied with himself, he considered himself the best man. At the end, he caused me a lot of suffering...
By the way, what is your opinion about the statement that marriage has to be based on love? Can you imagine that you live in a marriage with a person whom you don't love from all your heart, only he/she is a good, reliable friend? Is love of over-riding importance in such relationship?

Roni said:
Thank you for your intresting replies. I just do not understand how I could like so much a man, who was just the opposite of me. He used obscene language, came from poor family, was uneducated, vas extremely extrovert and constantly critised everyone. He was very satisfied with himself, he considered himself the best man. At the end, he caused me a lot of suffering...
By the way, what is your opinion about the statement that marriage has to be based on love? Can you imagine that you live in a marriage with a person whom you don't love from all your heart, only he/she is a good, reliable friend? Is love of over-riding importance in such relationship?

I'd say a marriage should be based on love. If you want a companion then move in with a friend or get a dog or a cat.
Some people marry for the sake of it but I think more often than not they see marriage as a status symbol.

RobertFKennedy said:
I'd say a marriage should be based on love. If you want a companion then move in with a friend or get a dog or a cat.
Some people marry for the sake of it but I think more often than not they see marriage as a status symbol.

What does marriage represent? Is it a privilage to live in a marriage than live singly?
Do you think people more often live in marriage with their beloved darling or live with someone whom they do not love? What is your view?

I would imagine that if the person truly loved you and was sincere about the relationship, that it would be *natural* that they would become your "best friend."

I know exactly how you feel. Until I met my present boyfriend, I didn't think men were even human! I'd been so hurt and used, I almost gave up on them altogether. I figured I was at the height of my worldly wisdom (only 18 yrs old), and I refused to believe any stories or advice anyone gave me.

Luckily, not all men are heartless bastards like the ones we've all known. There is the odd great one.

I also agree that if you really love someone, they'll become your best friend. I've known Devan almost 2 years now, and he's much closer to me than any friend I've ever had.

Roni said:

i've been hurt before but i would never consider any of it meaningless. it may not have ended how i'd hoped but i still walked away having learned something. i've never been left for another person, well no that is not true. i once dated a man who was gay, and he didn't realize it till me. but i wasn't in love with him. i imagine one would feel pretty shattered after being left for someone else. i don't think it would be the end of the world but it might feel like it. i am a big fan of wallowing for a set period of time and then choosing to move on.
i do agree that loss of love can be damaging to your self confidence, but so can fashion magazines. you have to look at the situation and take away from it what you can.

Marriage - coming from an indian background with a culture of arranged marriage, my opinion is that yes whilst love is important friendship, understanding and good communication is more important. Marriage isn't just all peaches and cream its bloody hard work and requires more than just love. Unfortunately, sad as it is love just ain't enough.

Roni said:
I had a crush on a guy and he said he wnated to be with me and loves me ect. He found another girl. He was just a crush to me so I felt sad but I knew I didn't want to be with him as I am intrested in someone else. I guess I liked the attention of guys having a crush on me, maybe that sounds selfish but I feel flattered. This girl ended up not being intrested in him, she was just messing with his mind and he just gets too head over heels at any girl giving him attention thinking they 'love' him and want to be with him. But I did feel a little bit hurt. Don't know why I should have as he was just a crush to me and I was no way intrested in a relationship with him as he is not my type.
Being broken hearted is an experince in which we all go through and learn something from it.

Back