• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

cajunmama and laboi . . .

novella

. . . and anyone else down in the low country, my thoughts are with you. Stay safe and keep us posted!

It just may be the worst hurricane in a century in the U.S. due to its size, strength, and location of landfall. It looks like close to a direct hit on New Orleans where there may be waves of 18 to 25 feet and the city could be submerged in water. Get out, don't mess with this storm. The winds are around a sustained speed of 175 mph.

The fact that New Orleans is 13 feet below sea level does not help either.
They are only protected from flooding by man-made dykes. So add 25 feet plus storm surge and the breaching of dykes and New Orleans shall probably be a complete disaster area by Tuesday morning....

please be safe....and run like hell if you can....

They had a report on the Weather Channel about New Orleans, and that a major hurricane there could mean more than six months without power sewage or water.

yikes.

Please don't "ride it out". LEAVE!

Godspeed and good luck.

There will probably be flooding from the rains for as far inland of "more" than 500 miles. This thing is a monster. Everyone in its path should prepare for the storm.

I'll be thinking of you and hope you're all right. It sounds really, really bad my relatives that were close were packing up their cars to leave my aunt said. Take care.

I really hope everyone there will be ok, I'm especially thinking of you and your family cajunmama. I'm sending some of my good karma your way :)

And it just occured to me that Laboi had just bought a new home, how scary for a new home owner.

I hope everyone will be okay, am sending loads of good thoughts your way. Please keep us updated.

Ronny said:
And it just occured to me that Laboi had just bought a new home, how scary for a new home owner.

Hopefully his stuff is still in boxes so he can throw the important stuff in the car and drive fast. Homeowners insurance covers houses, but can never replace family photos, heirlooms and other important stuff. Hurricanes are scary stuff down south.

I know I've been through a few of them and one leveled our summer house, we had just been evacuated the day before.

Back