• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

cajunmama and laboi . . .

Is it inappropriate to make a joke about Katrina and the Waves? Yes? Ok.

Good luck, all. Please show your faces around here soon, so we know you're alright.

Been having a look at the news. Bad stuff. Waiting for Cajanmama and Laboi to check in telling us they are safe! All our wishes are with you!

I doubt they'll be checking in over the next few days - I imagine they'll have more important things to be doing such as getting the hell out of there and looking after their families.

I hope we see you both soon, though! Thinking of all the southerners :) .

New Orleans may be the worst city in the U.S. for the storm to hit. N.O. actually sits below sea level and is effectively a big mixing bowl with dikes protecting it from Lake Ponchartrain. There are many refineries and chemical plants in the NO area. They normally use huge diesel pumps to pump out the rainwater. However, when the pumps become submerged by the expected storm surge and great quantities of rain the city will be at the storm's mercy. There are many refineries and chemical plants around NO.

N.O. will be swamped with toxic chemicals, oil, toxins from homes, coffins from cemetaries, etc. It may take as long as 6 months to clean the city up, if it ever becomes normal again. These are some of the things that may happen. If you are religious, pray for the city and residents.

CNN is reporting the lower 9th Ward of New Orleans, on east side of city, is under 5 to 6 feet of water after pumps failed. :(

I hope our freinds are clear of this.

Yo!!! I'm here and just fine. We are about 100 miles west of New Orleans, so we did not have to evacuate. The worst side of a hurricane is the eastern side. laboi is even further west than me, so I can tell you he's fine, too. We have been getting lots of wind and rain, but nothing too severe, just small branches blown off trees and light objects being blown about. I kept a close eye on all the weather reports all day yesterday, and trust me, if anyone had said a word about my area needing to evacuate, I would have been gone! We got lucky, but many people didn't.

Thank you all for your concern. I love you too! :D

cajunmama said:
Yo!!! I'm here and just fine. We are about 100 miles west of New Orleans, so we did not have to evacuate. The worst side of a hurricane is the eastern side. laboi is even further west than me, so I can tell you he's fine, too. We have been getting lots of wind and rain, but nothing too severe, just small branches blown off trees and light objects being blown about. I kept a close eye on all the weather reports all day yesterday, and trust me, if anyone had said a word about my area needing to evacuate, I would have been gone! We got lucky, but many people didn't.

Thank you all for your concern. I love you too! :D

Glad everything is alright. Stay dry, cajunmama.

Glad to hear you two are ok, but thinking of everyone out there tonight. I have three very dear internet friends in Louisianna, its very scary stuff.

cjm, I'm so glad you checked in and are ok. I kept thinking about you and laboi while watching the news reports about Katrina. Hoping that everyone else comes out of this safely.

ell

I heard earlier that over 80% of New Orleans had evacuated. I've got to say the other 20% or so are crazy. I don't think I'd be willing to face that kind of danger to stay with my stuff.

Thanks for the head's up novella...! Glad as a happy pie to see you fine, cajunmama, and hope the others are fine too.

Wasn't too long ago when I saw scenes like these. Over in these parts the water was dirtier though.

ds

laboi is fine...he posted today...I pm'd him to drop by here and say hello, but he must not have seen the message....

Back